Revenge Wedding - Vol. 1 Ch. 41

@dragora86
And Parents of the Year Award goes toooo...... *drum roll*.....
not them

the only one i can think of is the father in angelic lady 🤨
not including storys where the whole premise is father-daughter relationship

oml the parents in here are so godamn sh-tty. like wow, you bascially neglected and kinda abused her with cutting her hair off and rejected her for being a magician. then you say, *sobs i didn't know you would be hurt by me drugging you, forcing you to marry a literal godamn stranger, shipping you off to a deserted island with said stranger where you were supposed to do everything by yourself even tho u know literally how to do nothing. like bruh fuck off

WTF!? Am I supposed to feel bad for her parents? Because I absolutely do not. They have neglected her all her life. Forced her to live a life of secrecy, hiding away her gift, then consented to have her drugged, forcibly married, and shipped off to an island and that's all supposed to be forgiven because they feel bad about it? F*** off.

Good thing our ML is taking none of the dad's shit

I feel slightly bad for the mother. She basically had to deal with the stress and pressure of being a single parent and cracked. And if i what I looked up through and read about is right she might have a severe form of postpartum depression.
My main though is where was the dad throughout all of this cause so far all I know is that he taught her magic and thats it.

honestly i think the main reason i dislike seyara-
isn’t just her disgusting motherly skills but the fact that despite all of that meridan still treats her with respect. she doesn’t deserve it at all. i was wondering after listening to her story why do i still hate her? from another story, i got over my hate for ercella, i mean honestly i didn’t ever hate her she was also just a disgusting mother. but she got what she deserved when
she was on her death bed and vicente didn’t care, and after she was reborn she tried to fix her attitude.
seyara isn’t trying to better herself, and still expects respect from meridian which she absolutely does not fucking deserve and it’s maddening. i wish meridian would despise her because those are the consequences of her actions whether it’s caused by depression or not

nvm they’re literally j disgusting people. i’ve read the rest of the chapter.

but let’s ignore all that @mushshroom

oml the parents in here are so godamn sh-tty. like wow, you bascially neglected and kinda abused her with cutting her hair off and rejected her for being a magician. then you say, *sobs i didn't know you would be hurt by me drugging you, forcing you to marry a literal godamn stranger, shipping you off to a deserted island with said stranger where you were supposed to do everything by yourself even tho u know literally how to do nothing. like bruh fuck off

i literally chuckled because i’m frustrated and your description is too accurate

i mean literally what even is the reason. where does the audacity come from i’m so fucking confused like both parents should kinda j blow up and leave meridian tf alone. i’m so angry at their character design that i feel nothing? does that make sense? just the absolute stupidity in their reasoning for the entire plot, and their surprise that she almost fucking dies after they wed her to a war lord is just- i’m j gonna go

holy shit i felt bad for the mother w the last chapter bc post partum depression and all. but here, both are showing that they're self aware about what they did to their daughter...but they still have the audacity...to act confused...

I feel bad for her mom that she bottled it all up and didn't go to her parents for help or have the strength to have her husband do his part has husband and father. First time raising a child while being abandoned and neglected by her husband during pregnancy and afterwards, while dealing with what was probably sever postpartum depression. From all that I have some sympathy for her but that's it. You don't treat your child like that. If she had handled it better they could have had a decent to wonderful mother daughter bond and supported each other as she grew. She could have found refuge in her daughter's smile but she didn't. For the sperm donar, no sympathy or respect for abandoning all duties as husband and father, and neglecting them like that.

Ok, her mom had a rough time, I can agree with that BUT this does not justify what they did to her (and her dad is just an asshole)

I feel bad for the mom. Like, despite magitech being a thing here, I feel that they didn't invent things like therapy yet or such. They likely don't have ways of helping a mother deal with these types of anxiety-inducing problems.

The mother tried. Damn, she really DID try. She wanted her daughter to smile, laugh, and love her. Hell, she even brought back the maid that she had been jealous of for her daughter being more attached to.

It's just... she lacked the skills to be a good mother.

Does she deserve forgiveness? Not quite. She should, at the very least, try to do better to make amends and maybe then they can start to rekindle their bond.

You know what? Fuck the parents! There I said it, fuck em! I understand the mom suffered and it’s still suffering, depression and mental illness is no joke. My sister suffers from it and I ease the load by stepping in for her sanity and the kids well being. There is no shame in asking or getting help. This society sickens me for the part they played and for their ignorance. The husband too, what the hell was he doing? 🤦🏻‍♀️ it’s not excused for the trauma they implemented on her growing up so I don’t forgive them bc they haven’t been doing their part to amend their broken relationship or even reflect on their actions. The dad, wow I mean where does he gets the audacity to suddenly care about his daughter well being when he put her in a position that she could have been harmed or worse. He violated her rights and wishes and there is no excuse for that. God this family does shady shit and expect us to be like “oh but they do love her, they just don’t know how to show it. Look they genuinely adore her in their own way” and to that I say “fuck that bs!”

Why on earth is he mad now? If she had been beaten, raped, killed, would it have mattered at that point? He is the one who placed her in that position. What a useless father.

What do they mean? They were shitty parents, what other thing caused them to forcefully marry her off to an island via ship crash. You can't use the parent card here, they never had it in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread