Revenge Wedding

"trapped in an isolated place" is a fun gimmick sometime, especially when characters have things to sort out, or built up tension between them... but it's still very limited in nature, since there's no other interactions and little to do. Starting off a whole comic with it, and making it last so long as if "that's it, that's the plot" i getting really boring... on top of that, survival settings are only satisfying when both parties are useful in their own compatible ways, and learn to appreciate the unique skills of their companions when they would otherwise look down on them. eventually it shows a peek of that by establishing she's knowledgeable in technology, but so is he, and she hasnt used it yet. i know she's supposed to grow from this experience, and i'm all for flawed MCs, but throwing an unlikable character in her worst element before we even have time to get attached to her is a risky move when it's the MC. i'll continue to see how it develops after all it's only the first chapters, i have faith. thank you for coming to my TED talk

MD@Home
If you're looking for a compelling plot, Revenge Wedding is NOT it. But if you're looking for romcom banters, this isn't a bad read. To appreciate this title, you have to suspend your disbelief and trust that these characters are uniquely suited to navigate these comically bad tropes.

The FL, particularly, is not your conventional, trying-hard-to-be-a-villainess-but-is-actually-a-shoujo-heroine. She's unapologetically herself-- brash, spoiled, manipulative, and smug. But this manga is not
interested in shaming/taming her
as it is to
recount humorously how she and the ML gradually find a way to work together despite their personalities and how they grew to tolerate each other's quirks.

One of the off-putting things is worldbuilding.
The anachronism is quite distracting-- the social media parodies, I can forgive. But the random Eva figure was unnecessary and it broke the immersion I had for a while in that chapter.

tl; dr: YMMV, but I like it for daring to put a genuinely fun/flawed FL front and center.

The setting is so cheesy it hurts, and the pacing is terrible. Can't say that I like the FL either; she can't be serious in a life-threatening situation for even 10 seconds. ML is bland, his personality is just "soldier". Nothing deep or well-written and the dialogue is as predictable as a hot spring episode in a harem anime. Bad, bad, bad manhwa.

MED

Thank you so much for the uploads😍

I love reading this series cause it's so light, the drawing is amazing (omg the shades living for them), and it's very unusual compared to the other plots. Where have we seen the FL last time who's fully okay with handling the situation on her own. Ilikeit

😵Ummm I'm sorry? What in the world is happening 😵 i absolutely LOVE the art style (they're both sooooooo pretty) but the story is just so not my cup of tea.

Okay so while I hate the FL, this is an entertaining manhwa. The author did a good job building the main characters and the while they're kind of OP at least they have personality. I wouldn't read it if you wanted plot or anything though

I'm so glad I kept reading this! The FL was very superficial and got really questionable priorities until now, but as you get to know her abilities and knowledge better, somehow she gets more likeable. And how Kylus was interacting with her and their enemies in the last few chapters (especially the last one ch23)... thumbs up :D!
I loved the flying tooth, very satisfying...

@Team from Dead but Alive: Thank you very much for the translation and all your work!

a few chapters ago the pacing was like whiplash but it seems that with the new chapters the story is going back to normal. I hope it will continue to be good!

Fed-Kun's army
these two are assholes but somehow still tolerable than a lot of harem protags

The FL and ML are really entitled(FL more so) but this is still a very fun read. Looking forward to more chapters.

oh boy the empire is done for...
if that duo ever decides to involve the fl father its going to get ugly
crown prince and military vs magic tower
thats a civil war unless he completes a bloody purge which will also destabilize the empire not to mention holding or even throwing the development back by at least a couple of decades. for a state of that size once the blood is in the water its going to bring on a feeding frenzy
instead of having 80% power over a superpower he is going for 100% over a ruin...
only possibility to save it kill the prince and his supporters

Chile... I wish Sasha's character was a LITTLE less twisted so I could enjoy the romance and story more.. I like the general tho.

Double-page supporter
This is the most extreme form of shipping I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. Must be real good haha. Bookmarking & reading in three... two....

Users who are viewing this thread