Reverend Insanity

@timelessleaf i know its completly useless and a waste of time, but you should of have translated chapter 0, i mean, there was just 1 panel that seemed important and didnt apear in chapter 1, also you missed a page in chapter 1, after the 1st page with text there should of have been another page, page 2 should of have been 3, so there is 1 page missing between 1 and 2 in your upload (im not counting the cover btw) check if you want https://ac.qq.com/ComicView/index/id/637624/cid/2?fromPrev=1

OH FUCK THIS NOVEL GOT AN ADAPTATION. JEEZUS FAK, ALLAHU SNACKBAR, THE GUY WHO SITS UNDER THE TREE!!!!

Dex-chan lover
gonna need help with this...
so MC came from another world gained fame reciting prominent tales in his original world grew up to become a demon
activated some miraculous cicada to reincarnate as his past self retaining all of the memories he had forgotten in his past as well as his recent memories before the travel?
sounds like i'm wrong, but that's what i took from it

Fed-Kun's army
first it was japanese salt isekai/tensai now it's chinese versions. i hope the guy dont turn into a fuckhead and abuse his knowledge but instead use it for good. take your revenge but don't stoop to the level of the people that bullied you. i ain't into that kind of salt grudge revenge shit. dropped many manga with this genre because the mc became too corrupted and oddly enough a good number of people like that kind of stuff. anyways..it's a decent start so far and since i'm a bit familiar with chinese kung fu lore i know "demon sect or cult" is basically just an unorthodox circle that the "justice or righteous" clans decided. so i can sympathize and try to make connections for why those frauds are out to get him in the beginning. its obviously the bug and how he's too strong so people are threatened by him.

I suppose that everyone on this site has at least a basic reading ability, but I'm going to give you some clues from the description: 'a story of a villain', 'ruthless and amoral'. Yes, it's better not to disregard this description and think that it's just an exaggeration. Please, back off if you are a sensitive snowflake that can't stand a real villainous MC. You have been warned, so don't come crying later...

@kanaloa the novel is one of the best I've read. Writing style and technique wise, it's probably at the same level of the first 3 parts of the Millennium series tbh.
I have high hopes for this adaptation. If the people in charge fk it up or not do it justice, I'm going to flip tables so hard. What makes me worried the most is the pace, since Chinese adaptations in general tend to have that as a weak point.

Double-page supporter
@kanaloa
The MC is evil but true evil, not the gentle evil (evil to his enemies, gentle to his allies) nor nihilistic evil (let's destroy the world) nor dumb evil (drunk in his power). He does everything for him and for himself only. But at the same time, only the naive in this world are truly good. So, it's not good vs evil, it's more egoism displayed vs hidden egoism. That's the reason it's good.

Btw, you talk like there is a lot of stories like that, but good story with a MC being evil are quite rare.

Also, the chinese "isekai" is different from the japanese: In general:-Japanese isekai: a student going to another world with magic. (Reborn or with his own body)
-Chinese "Time travel": the MC goes back in time. (Can be in this world or a fantasy world). The isekai is less frequent and generally don't bring anything (Even if the MC travel into a fantasy world, he reincarnated in the body of a deceased (basically: a trash dies and the MC takes his body), and he doesn't use modern knowledge).
-Korean "Reverse Isekai": the modern world suffers a cataclysm releasing monsters and a gaming system.

It's the case here: Time travel and you don't care about the isekai, it only brings a bit of sense at the beginning, but you forget it after. Only the time travel is really important.

TL; DR: the MC is evil but justified. If for you a MC is a role model, skip it. If not, read it.

Btw, for those liking story like these, there is Warlord of the Magus World.

PS: I may be wrong since I didn't read everything of the novel, but I read 220 chapters and that's how I see it.

Aggregator gang
Advance warning, if you don't like reading about a wannabe Nietzschean Übermensch being edgy while collecting cute bugs don't bother.

Wait!? Why is he being oppressive towards the brother. He knows the aunt and uncle created a rift between them and that the brother would be a genius. So why for the sake of sense doesn't he create a bond with the brother for a future powerful ally. Is he just being mean because he is evil because stupid is not evil it's just moronic. Is this just going to be I am the most powerful and evryone else is shit kind of story as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread