Ri-chan

The author should be careful, what with all the addictive sweetness of this.

Now I understand why the chapters are short and far between: if we had too much at once, we'd OD on wholesome. Or at least re-wholesome, if you consider internal conflicts, rather than external trauma, as breakers of the wholesomeness.

Now, the next part might be spoilers:

The fact that, so far, they explored the far past, then the cause of the present, and are now heading towards recovery, all the while having cute art, just makes me so mellow when reading it.

Since the cause of the issues wasn't some physical abuse, trauma or assault, but rather a temporary abandonment of an emotionally dependant and vulnerable person, I think it can still be considered wholesome, as far as there is an attempt to help her heal.

Emotional scars can be dealt with relatively easily after leaving the situation that left them in the first place. But emotional scars anchored on real life events, with actual physical moments, are much harder to overcome.

With consequences of physical moments, there's a feeling of impotence, sometimes of shame, guilt or both, depending on the type of episode suffered, even a feeling of being tainted or unworthy. These things (which appear in another manga of a "broken" childhood friend) are much denser, grimier and harder to wash away from the heart than simple abandonment, loneliness and feelings of incompetence.

Nei

Dex-chan lover
The fanbox extras are not part of the "core" story. Some of them are, but most of them are just added context. There's not really a better way for me to upload them. If you want the core story only, just skip them and re-read after.
Oh yeah I only realised later on after I was done binge reading and I actually got to read them with your updates. Love them tho, it allows little bits of personality to flow in the story that otherwise would he hard to include (Specially for the mom)♡

Dex-chan lover
Was curious about the high chapter count, but it turns out each "chapter" is just a page or two.
Misleading garbage. 1/10.

It's a twitter comic that the author publishes extremely frequently (like every few days or sometimes on consecutive days). Not sure how you figured that would result in full length, 15-30 page chapters.

Also fun to claim something is "misleading" when it makes no effort to fool you into thinking anything. If you believed that the chapters would be lengthy that's entirely on you, not the author. You misled yourself.

Dex-chan lover
Was curious about the high chapter count, but it turns out each "chapter" is just a page or two.
Misleading garbage. 1/10.
Usually I would agree with you about one page chapters being annoying but this one is actually quite good, I would recommend reading it and see if you change your mind.

Banned
Almost forgot about this manga, kinda remember the art but not the name, kept searching Rin-chan. Thanks to those who reacted to my comment, managed to find it again.

When I first found it on twitter, the artist's name on there is pretty easy to remember when I did try to actively seek translated English chapters of this but up until like 20~30 chapters there were still none.

Group Leader
Almost forgot about this manga, kinda remember the art but not the name, kept searching Rin-chan. Thanks to those who reacted to my comment, managed to find it again.

When I first found it on twitter, the artist's name on there is pretty easy to remember when I did try to actively seek translated English chapters of this but up until like 20~30 chapters there were still none.
Well, you started at a good time. I'm planning to finish it up in the next few days.

I've looked forward to these releases for the past few months. I liked it a lot. Thanks fettyman for translating it all you did a good job

Ri-chan ❤️
I cried a little bit at the end.
There are other 2-3 pages long mangas that follow the same trend of telling a good story, with good progress, without filling you with an infinite amount of nothing.
At first I didn't like the format, as I don't like anime with 2-3 minutes long chapters, but I quickly changed my mind about it.
My best wishes for the author, and thanks for translating this small masterpiece.

Honestly, every time that Ri was far away and you could only see her big eyes reminded me of that dumb hamster meme.

Contributor
The volume releases today, April 12th.

I personally love this colored cover. Also notice the shape of her shadow on the ground.

Dex-chan lover
The volume releases today, April 12th.

I personally love this colored cover. Also notice the shape of her shadow on the ground.
the volume only compile the main pages

and this takes me back to my first comment
without the in-between jokes, the volume has more feeling to it during the sad and serious moments
however, it lost the details during cute moments

I wish the volume had included some of those *.5 pages while only removing pages that are far unrelated to the plot currently being told

Users who are viewing this thread