Rise of the Demon King

actually the translate is quite good, the art is hmm.. not bad and even it looks good.

but what i can't accept is, how could the Author and Drawer make same unnecessary lame comedy and joke, when they was in serious battle.

yeah i have seen plenty of Chinese manhua nowdays is using things like this.

for me personally it ruins the mood.

to be honest is it really interesting and delight when a serious fight inserted with lame comedy and Hard-try joke?

it just a waste of Drawers skill.

Theres no Wonder a single Manhwa called "Solo Leveling" can put dozens chinese Manhua to Shame.

Luckily not all Chinese manhua.

When it comes to manhua and manwha i consider a lot the difference in structure and culture but this is impossible to follow, the translation isn't at fault, the whole thing is a hot sticky mess and it feels more like trying to read a DIY manual on foundation repair with a tv showing a documental about asbestos in the background at full volume...

@NaniTheFuck the chinese still has the idea that these are cartoons and cartoons are only for children like USA 40 years ago. Thus all manhua are dumbed down to try to appeal to a younger audience and more serious or adult themes are removed. I'm glad I saw your comment, I am always skeptical about chinese novel adaptations because this is almost always what happens so I won't even bother reading.

@optiso

Yeah it seriously ruins the reader mood.
i mean they trying to make almost the scene and character try-hard to be cute.

I didn't mind cute character or scene. but it just like they don't know how to place it.

It's like watching Terminator and only to find out it was a Barbie show.

not to mention some "Gayies" style that the Drawer secretly put it in.

What's with the hate? It's a typical chinese manhua and it's pretty good. Better than some higher rated ones.

I like it but I don’t ship Liu Ya and the Mc. I really hope he doesn’t end up with her.

This is the first manga/manwha/manhua i dropped i blame mostly the horrible pacing but the forced comedy didn't help it much.

Didn't remember it and while looking for something to read i saw it on recently updated and said to myself "this one sounds interesting" two pages in and it all came back, now i'm mad and bored again :S

I generally like this one despite the hate. It may not be that good, but I feel like its a decent manhua. It may seem dumb down, and childish at times, but the art is really good. I love many of the character's designs. Also, the story has some unique plot points.

Several of the more popular manhuas have the same sort of backstory, Male mc from a small clan/family, somehow he is really strong for age, makes into the largest sect in his area (usually, that sect ends up being weak) he becomes op. Maybe add a love interest who is from one of the largest families and is just as op, or even more so that the mc.

As of now, this story has yet to follow that same trend. Not a fan of the love interest really, but meh, not a lot of love interest stuff has happened yet, so maybe it will change my mind.

Overall, it is not as bad as everyone is claiming. Its a solid manhua to forget about every now and then to catch up later.

This story feels like it's suffering from the pacing issue that Manhuas seem to face when being adapted from a novel. The thread of action feel coherent, but things are left unexplained and sometimes important events are skipped.

Aggregator gang
If you like action in manga, this is for cause it is only thing that you will get. Most of the events that should be here (that are NEEDED to understand this story) are skipped and only action is left. There is a lot of misplaced humor. Characters are one dimensional. Pacing is all over the place. It is hard to invest time in story like this, even thou novel was quite interesting.

Dex-chan lover
One month this title is caught up with over a 100 chapters the next one it's at 60. Oh mangadex

Fed-Kun's army
God Im so glad manwhas and chinese adpated series have improved recently. It was hell when we were stuck with messy adaptations like this

English Translators are really lazy when it comes to translate Chinese manhuas. I think ill start learning russian, korean or chinese now.

I just wonder if China pretty sucks at making manhua because their novel usually good (above average)
my fave are Reverend Insanity (which I almost missed it cause the manhua sucks), My House of Horror, Lord of the Mysteries, The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage, and Earth is Online, exclude BL :3

Users who are viewing this thread