Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 6 Ch. 26 - Port Town Wallentia

Double-page supporter
@RazDog
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If you try to fuck with someone who's obviously stronger than you, you shouldn't be surprised when you're suddenly witnessing your still-beating heart get ripped from your chest.

Don't forget that the princess cannot prove her royalty. Her royal family does not have bloodline magic. They can be assasians. Her actions in this difficult situation might assure that she was raised and educated as a royalty.

I find this Manga interesting, It appers by all past events that you have also read but, the MC has been transferred into another Ottoman Empire but less religious and heavily influenced by magic, so no need of navigation, and the North is influenced by technology, that explains the mega galleys.....

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes. A visitor acting like it's their home ground. Humiliating the princess (if that was the reason) is too much. However, it's not the obligation of the receiving party to accept the visitors on their terms. If anything, he can use the guard's words against her and the princess.

Dex-chan lover
@hvardhan824: What's so cowardly about the MC, that you find irritating?
Because i don't see anything like that, considering the plot of this series (before you define a character's trait, you have to first consider the plot of the series and compare it with the traits of the character, and then see if it contradicts or not).

Dex-chan lover
A body check? Not that I complain seeing the princess being embarrassed! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MC is not ambitious and knows his position.

@GM_Rusaku Volume 5 Chapter 2

If anyone wants to be spoiled
Ines will come forward to do the inspection and Freya will accept

I don't have a problem with the character being a coward per se, but I do have a problem with him being a passive character, narrative wise. He never drives the story forward, we are basically watching him react to stuff around him.

Dex-chan lover
@sukets You have to remember the situation. The MC wasn't supposed to do -anything- originally. He was supposed to never leave the inner palace or get involved in anything political. That was the agreement on the marriage. He was supposed to just be there for having a child. But then they ended up needing him. However because their nation is a patriarchy, the MC is supposed to try as hard as he can to -not- have any accomplishments so no one tries to put him ahead of Aura. The MC also only knows the bare minimum of customs and knowledge of the world, so it's not like it's 'safe' for him to act on his own a lot in the first place. I will say though, without spoiling things, this is the arc where things start to change in the story.

Edit: @hvardhan824 too

Dex-chan lover
Did not realize the translation is well behind the raws. A welcome surprise, I can catch up on raw sites.

Dex-chan lover
He is over a year there maybe even more since Aura gave birth to their child a while ago, is the language that hard he still can't read it?

@WillLi has already answered it but for those who didn't read it, here's the TL;DR:
MC is in a male dominant nation with a queen in charge for now, if he does anything slightly authoritative a power struggle will happen between him and Aura caused by the nobles

Dex-chan lover
All he has to do is suggest a maid do the inspection no? Or is it more about a lower class touching an upper class rather than gender

@ MrMcNasty
???
I do agree that having a male do the body search in a hall is wrong, but if the guard does as you say and "rips out a heart" you realize the guard has just fucked over the princess herself and the rest of the crew?

Dex-chan lover
"Sorry, we must body check you to make sure that you're not a threat"
"I see, then I will make it clear that we are totally a threat by killing one of the attendants in front of the king, surely my action will not provoke an intercontinental war"

@Fapxan And that would be the choice of the less cautious, and probably not someone very high up in ruling a nation because they make stupid choices. You ALWAYS assume the worst when dealing with an unknown. It only takes one time being wrong to spell doom for a nation. In a room full of your guards, in your own country, this single guard is confidant enough to threaten someone in the presence of royalty, as well as being the only guard at her side. This alone should be enough to tell them they are not to be fucked with lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread