Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 6 Ch. 26 - Port Town Wallentia

A very short-sighted threat. Unless she plans to massacre every guard in this port, a clear act of war, acting on her threat would result in them both being taken prisoner. You need the help of the locals to fix your ship otherwise you're trapped here.

Dex-chan lover
@JuliusCV
I know that Zenjiro has to give the "Yes, dear" impression to the rest of the kingdom but I can only see that backfiring really hard, more so if he still can't read the kingdom language. What is to say that someday there wouldn't be a 'trusted' ally that will use this to say "her Majesty the Queen said it was ok to do this, its written here" and he will had to agree because he could not know if that was true or not?
Could you learn to read a language. Let's say... Japanese... with only 1 year's worth of training? On top of that of course learn royal etiquette and the VASTLY more important bloodline magic?
Bro still relies on AC, and hasn't gotten used to the climate.

EDIT: I should add he understand some of it. This is information from the Light Novel, but his vocabulary's not up to par so official documents with advanced vocabulary are a bit much for him right now.

@yung_sh4d0w
No he just thinks before he speaks. You don't know what he's gonna do yet.

Also if he was "traditionally" alpha the story the author wanted to tell literally would not exist. He's not in this world to work hard, and make a name for himself and get accomplishments. He's an overworked 72hour per week japanese salaryman who saw this trip into another world as a way to relax his mind and body and escape the expectations placed on him. If he was "traditionally" alpha, he would usurp Aura's authority start a political revolution and be the puppet of the people who "helped" him. Aura wouldn't be this interesting character, and there'd be no relationship.

@hvardhan824
Man the MC is too much of a coward, this is too irritating
Where are these people coming from? Did you not read the earlier chapters?

I'd say Zenjirou's been quite brave in the story quite a few times already. When he met general puyol he talked to him in a way befitting of his station and kept his cool to the point of not falling for puyol's political machinations. He was able to get extra information out of Prince Francesco and Princess Bona just by being a kind and forward thinking host.

I swear if the protagonist, isn't a hothead like Naruto people will instantly come out against these more reserved thinking type of MCs.

@sukets
I don't have a problem with the character being a coward per se, but I do have a problem with him being a passive character, narrative wise. He never drives the story forward, we are basically watching him react to stuff around him.
What incentive does he have to move the "story" forward?
In Attack on Titan, Eren's driven by his hate of the titans.
In Naruto, Naruto's driven by his desire to be accepted.
In Kimetsu No Yaiba... well you get the point.

What about Zenjirou though? He doesn't have any driving factors besides the basic aspect of being happy and making his family happy. It's not exciting because his goals aren't grand, but at the end of the day he's living up to it.

He's learning teleportation magic so that when Aura needs to give birth again, he'll be able to teleport her to a country with healers, so he never feels useless while she's giving birth.
While in charge of Prince Francesco and Princess Bona, he entertains them, and also tries to get politically helpful material out of them so Aura has a stronger standing against the twin kingdoms all while not gaining enough political clout to usurp Aura's power. Not to mention he dotes on his son like a crazy person. His son's room is by far the coldest in the inner palace and Aura's actually concerned their kid would not be able to acclimate to the temperature with Zenjirou around.

Dex-chan lover
@TitanAnteus I can only assume these people thought this story would move past the political thriller genre and become some sort of action piece. I'm glad it hasn't since there's not enough isekai like this.

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy
It's annoying because every chapter these people come out from somewhere.
No idea where the expectation's coming from.

Dex-chan lover
@Kelpy_G556
Is he though?
Remember... the story's giving him foils by way of Aura's marriage candidates.

Puyol is a big military man bursting with ambition and power. He only makes enemies or allies.
Raffaelo is a smarter negotiator type. He doesn't have ambition, but he'll do what his family needs of him, and because he can be influenced so easily Aura can never fully trust him as an ally.

These two men both have something that Zenjirou doesn't.

Puyol is objectively stronger.
Raffaelo is objectively smarter.

Zenjirou's positive qualities that he has that trump those two is what makes me love this story so damn much.

How many stories actually value other characteristics in a male? Zenjirou wants his wife to shine and wants to support her dreams. He has no negative perceptions of women or their capabilities. He lets Aura be strong and confident. Zenjirou's socially intelligent. He can move dialogue in a way that doesn't offend anyone due to his experience as a salaryman. When Puyol was going to give him the bow, he was able to navigate that conversation without offending Puyol, and gained a personal knight. Zenjirou's also forward thinking.

Puyol doesn't care about what he wants to do with the country if he becomes King. He just wants to be King. Raffaelo doesn't care enough about the position to do anything besides do what his family expects of him (probably tax cuts which is what's hinted at in the story.)

Zenjirou on the other hand challenges Aura when it comes to the various things she wants to do for the future of the country and has her explain her intentions. She's modified her plans and abandoned others based on his input.

Aura didn't start the story loving Zenjirou to the point that the thought of sending him over to Valentia made her sad. It was because he's who he is that he was able to wiggle himself so deeply into her heart that she can't imagine life without him. The scene where she wants to redo the marriage ceremony has a lot of weight to her character and was designed for people to reflect on Zenjirou's action in the story thus far.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf lady? YOU'RE the one who showed up at another country and are meeting part of the monarchy, wtf did you think was going to happen!? 🤦‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
I don’t know why i read this. Even with the watered down politics i still cant keep up. My brain aint big enough

Dex-chan lover
I see this guard lady is all bronze and no brain. You're literally stranded on foreign land with small crew. Why are you threatening the country thats trying to give you a hand? Overprotective much.

Dex-chan lover
@TitanAnteus it’s nothing specific it’s just the political aspect. I usually have to read it a couple time to get a understanding of it.

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

So he either has to intervene to calm everyone down, making him weak in the process. Or he let it happen which will probably damages their relationship, making this mission a failure. boi what will you do Zenjirou my dude

Users who are viewing this thread