Rouninsei to Eroiyatsu - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
My theory is that she is an angel, look at the 1st chap behind her coat, she has angel wings:
2a.jpg

Group Leader
My theory is that she is an angel, look at the 1st chap behind her coat, she has angel wings:
Ironically the angel theory was alive if not a frontrunner right up until this chapter, but now it's pretty much stone dead (unless Jorori wants to get stuck into some wild-ass angels-are-aliens Evangelion-type shit)

Dex-chan lover
Ironically the angel theory was alive if not a frontrunner right up until this chapter, but now it's pretty much stone dead (unless Jorori wants to get stuck into some wild-ass angels-are-aliens Evangelion-type shit)
Would not be the first time a manga has used that theme of angels=aliens.
Could be both simultaneously, who knows.

Dex-chan lover
Ive always assumed shes a Yokai not an angel. Would fit with her powers and propensities.

Contributor
I mean or she's lieing about being an alien. Or angels are aliens.

Group Leader
I mean or she's lieing about being an alien. Or angels are aliens.
I significantly doubt it's a lie, just because of the way the paneling leading up to the reveal went. You throw some single and double page art spreads into the buildup like that and now if that turns out to be all bullshit it's less of a fakeout and more of a retcon. Jorori's better at manga than making basic-ass mistakes like that.

Also fwiw the original line she says is simply "宇宙人" (uchuujin, or "extraterrestrial" from uchuu "outer space" + jin "person"). I had "I'm from outer space" and "I'm a space alien" both down as translation candidates but went with the former because I thought it fit her upward pointing pose a bit better. Perhaps I should have gone with the more literal option but at the time I was thinking along the lines of "I'm from outer space isn't all that ambiguous because who the hell is from outer space besides aliens?"

Users who are viewing this thread