Rubelia Okoku Monogatari - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Two Young Ladies

Dex-chan lover
Isla mentioned how Alvis tend to look at women coldly. His upbringing as a duke's son might play some part as to why his thoughts process as they do, but I don't blame him for being so skeptical of women's advances, especially in this case, even if this seemingly deranged woman is actually a reincarnator who only sees the world as one she recognizes from an otome game and was telling the truth, but that only means she doesn't even see the people around her as people, just fictional characters in a game, making her more dissociated from the world than normal.

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised he actually got something out of that. It's precisely because of his low opinion of women that he'll take that claim of the goddess' power seriously.

Dex-chan lover
This is proof modern ppl like us wouldn't survive in older time periods. We're all stupid and don't know how to act, or we would have delusions of grandeur like this stupid woman lmao.

Dex-chan lover
frankly, it looks like the typical "isekaid as otome game protagonist but fails to adapt to the world because she thinks all is set in stone"-trope
yeah, I thought the same but like, unless I forgot, there wasn't really any reincarnation / isekai brought up before this so I just brushed it off as her being delusional.

Dex-chan lover
yeah, I thought the same but like, unless I forgot, there wasn't really any reincarnation / isekai brought up before this so I just brushed it off as her being delusional.
I know of one where it set in modern Japan, MC is the villainess, and another girl is Player Character 1 who''re very delusional to the point the MC Villainess will ensure game male lead happiness at all costs by preventing this delusional girl from pair with the male lead. Sadly, the manga adaption is horrible.

This trope is not rare, but it mostly for antagonist not the main protagonist of the novel.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I know of one where it set in modern Japan, MC is the villainess, and another girl is Player Character 1 who''re very delusional to the point the MC Villainess will ensure game male lead happiness at all costs by preventing this delusional girl from pair with the male lead. Sadly, the manga adaption is horrible.
Is this Reiko's Manners?

Dex-chan lover
Is this Reiko's Manners?
It "Like Hell It's Okay to Have a Heroine Like You!", Novel is interesting read, but manga is so bad it just skips 90% of the novel including character introduction and expect people to understand.
that novel "Player character" girl is just so delusion she keeps thinking she get all the flag event just fine and didn't realize she is a clown to everyone else eye.

This isekai trope here was completely unnecessary, but if it's gonna be resolved quickly by getting rid of the reincarnator, it will be surprisingly subversion of expectations. If not, it adds nothing to the story, the original plot is interesting on its own.

Tju

Dex-chan lover
I just check the webnovel raw page. the author mentions that its based on an otome game, but there are little otome game elements, thats why they removed the respective tag.
so it seems to be a story tangentially related to isekai. its just not isekai for the main characters.

thats at least my interpretation. I simply machine translated the introduction page, so I could have interpreted the imperfect machine translation wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread