Run Away With Me, Girl

Absolutely beautiful. I binged this and had to stop halfway through because my heart could take the drama. When I finished it, I felt such a huge amount of relief. I absolutely loved this story, although it's not the type of Manga I'd usually read.

So fucking beautiful, not just a gl but deals with different topics and they actually have chemistry, Hope more gl mangas were like this

Aggregator gang
It touched my heart, I love it and at the same time I hate it. I want one more chapter of them being happy. Why the hell it is still raining?

I love this story so much. It is dealing with topics that are not really common in yuri genre and I love it for it! The art is fucking wonderful and all of the characters are really unique.
If you have more yuri manga that is about mature characters, real-life problems and isn't your typical highschool first-love shoujo-ai, then feel free to reccommend it to me, thanks a lot!

@peshula have you read Soulmate? It's really good, admittedly half of it is about high school but the other half is about their adult life. Also, the plot is really good and it wraps up nicely (and it's completed which is a huge plus)!

One of the best GL manga I have ever read and I mean that. I could literally feel the atmosphere every time and the art is incredible. The way some scenes were drawn make you feel what the MC’s we’re going through, the monologues, almost like you’re experiencing at the same time as them. I also love how in some panels the background would have sparkles when they were together, and for the more serious scenes the tone, the writing, the way they were drawn made me emotional. This is such a beautiful story that dives into multiple situations/topics that you don’t really see in other gl stories. They’re written so well and just getting to the end is so satisfying and rewarding. This manga definitely deserves way more attention, and if the physical comes out I am buying it for sure. Thank you so much for translating!

a52

Yet another absolute masterwork translated by Sexy Akiba Detectives. I read it all in one go! Between this, Still Sick, and So Do You Want To Go Out, Or..., I'm wondering if you all have some kind of magic golden touch.

It was a bit of a trip though going into this expecting smut and getting my heart torn out with a wrench instead :p

My first readthrough I gave it a nine, but thinking about every aspect of it — the art, the writing, the characters, the drama — only made it feel more evocative.

My first readthrough I gave it a nine, but thinking about every aspect of it — the art, the writing, the characters, the drama — only made it feel more evocative. I do hope this gets published in English so I can own it.

@dsid2814 Yuri/Shoujo Ai is just a japanese of GL (Girls love). Yuri tag is a more focus on the sexual relationship, while the Shoujo Ai tag focuses more on the story of their relationship. Or if you want, ask Google-kun, Wikipedia-san or any searching site about the meaning of Yuri

My first impression of this series made me a bit worried since I'm not fond of cheating-behind-boyfriend's back stories, but that isn't that type of story at all, really. (Phew. I'm not that explicit in what I mean here, sorry. But I just felt really passionate, ok? And I stand by it.)

This story puts so much care into every little detail it brings up, and the art is so expressive, the mood is set in every panel. I wanted to imprint each page the further I got in! It's such a beautiful and nuanced story on love & escapism (& lesbians lol), it seriously means a lot to me. I feel so hopeful after that ending, I'm really so happy... I recommend this to anyone who wants to read an encouraging & hopeful, yet painful & honest, drama. (Warning in advance for abuse and homophobia).

This is seriously I think one of my top 5 manga, if not comics overall. I love this story, I love these characters, I love Maki and midoris relationship, I love the ending... Ahhhh, I just dearly love it so much. I'm so happy I got to read this manga. My heart feels full.

Thank you to Sexy Akiba Detectives for the translations! I truly appreciate it!!

Read some comments, and I hope ya'll read through more than halfway before deciding dropping this manga because it's a masterpiece.

@Zetsubou_Deku
With Yuri as a tag, it doesn't really 'focus' on anything other than two girls in love, not inherently sexual. I've read plenty of yuri-tagged sfw media.

@dsid2814
also yeah bro.... bro.......
these two girls aren't platonic at all bro..
yuri is lesbians, gl is lesbians
saying yuri is a "deep friendship between girls" is akin to the jokes about lesbians "just being close friends" lmao
"harold, they're lesbians" (meme reference)

@KiotheFrail You're right, Yuri tag is like that in Japan (the shoujo ai in there is not being used, because it can be mean like 'love for young girls'), but I am using the myanimelist tag system, it's easier to use this to separate the +18 but the downside of this is they don't separate the manga with smut or 16+ content.
Still we all have different views in this kind of genre, because we don't have the same thinking and beliefs, and I won't force to use my way of tagging☺️
(I feel like adding some emoji at the end, cause I might be sounds rude, and sorry for my english✌️ also have a nice day!)

an absolute masterpiece. wow. i'm in awe with the storytelling. it feels like such a relatable, realistic look at a life that could just as well be mine

Users who are viewing this thread