Ruri Dragon - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - To Play Hard

Me

Dex-chan lover
Ruri-mama, you're awesome, but that bracelet ain't got no ground. It is a fashion accessory and your daughter's about to show you the power of Thor.

Supporter
Ruri's Mom is awesome and pretty good at sports. I loved how she out did Ruri, thanks for the chapter and translation

Double-page supporter
ruri8.png

I would smoke her mom in volleyball. jk I'm a libero/setter I'd set her up for success and support her every time

Banned
It's called banter. You guys sound poisoned by overly literalist fan translations with stilted dialogue that you have to re-write in your head to sound like something a person would actually say.
I'm sorry, your strawman doesn't work when you talk to people that know atleast SOME japanese. Too liberal translations just do not read well. There are plenty very good translations and groups (see Henkyou no Roukishi for example) but this one is not very good. I'll wait for volume releases and read it raw because this is just dogshit.

Group Leader
I wonder if the cross in her eyes means that she's awakening to her second power, and her eyes will eventually look like someone from Oshi no Ko when she obtains her 4th dragon power.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the cross in her eyes means that she's awakening to her second power, and her eyes will eventually look like someone from Oshi no Ko when she obtains her 4th dragon power.
Wings hopefully will be one of them

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure the band is just a placebo. Even if it did have some functional property, she's a freaking dragon, it wouldn't last a single real attempt to overcome it. That little thing isn't going to hold back an actual lighting bolt.

As for the translation, the only question I'd have is how likely is it that the real dialog is actually using Japanese teen slang. If it is they I don't mind the translations attempts to sound modern, if it isn't then yeah, they could dial it down a bit. Either way, I'm not suffering physically from it so, whatever. Just glad it's back at all.

Users who are viewing this thread