RuriDragon - Ch. 18 - Get People to Know You

Dex-chan lover
It's Venom!!!?

7a2.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I know being carefree will keep her calm but the mother and the teacher are being TOO Carefree and these scares could be really bad for her, this time, she threw up in the floor and that's fine?? maybe? but the first time she breathed fire someone almost got really injured.
I think the excuse was "we don't know what you'll inherit so no use throwing you all the information at once" but only acting after the fact can't be good either, at least explain the most dangerous stuff and the symptoms first so she can prepare.

Dex-chan lover
Her friend forcibly closing Ruri's mouth just as she was about to breathe fire could have had nasty consequences.

Since it has been shown before that her own fire can seriously damage her own mouth if she breaths her fire wrong.

Either her friend's hands could have been torched, or Ruri may have had serious internal burns.

Good thing this isn't some edgy gore mangaka.

Dex-chan lover
I'm both surprised and not surprised. Not only is Ruri effectively being used by them as a mascot for a committee whose half the job is to answer questions about her, but our worst expectations have come true and stress seems to be starting to take its toll on Ruri.

Also, this is the first time the manga has mentioned horny things. Another foreshadowing?

1. Horns
  2. Fire Breathing
  3. Electrostatic Discharge
  4. Lizard-like Eyes
  5. Venom
Did I miss anything?
Either Ruri was actually the child of secret scientific experiments, or her father was clearly more than just a dragon.

Dex-chan lover
I know being carefree will keep her calm but the mother and the teacher are being TOO Carefree and these scares could be really bad for her, this time, she threw up in the floor and that's fine?? maybe? but the first time she breathed fire someone almost got really injured.
I think the excuse was "we don't know what you'll inherit so no use throwing you all the information at once" but only acting after the fact can't be good either, at least explain the most dangerous stuff and the symptoms first so she can prepare.
If someone become victim from any of her abilities, especially ones that were unfamiliar to her, then all the blame would clearly be placed on Ruri herself in any case.

Could the venom buildup be a reaction to stress perhaps?

Like if her body is subconsciously trying to drive out all of her bad thoughts by force or something. :thonk:
Well, at the moment, Ruri clearly looks like a mascot for the committee that they carry around like a fun toy. Far from what Maeda and the girls promised her. Ruri doesn't seem too concerned about it, but maybe the stress has been building up all this time anyway.

Dex-chan lover
I'm both surprised and not surprised. Not only is Ruri effectively being used by them as a mascot for a committee whose half the job is to answer questions about her, but our worst expectations have come true and stress seems to be starting to take its toll on Ruri.

Also, this is the first time the manga has mentioned horny things. Another foreshadowing?

Either Ruri was actually the child of secret scientific experiments, or her father was clearly more than just a dragon.
Doesn't her dad roam around a temple looking place? I always assumed he was a dragon god, since he very likely can shapeshift. (cause he had to have had gotten his wife pregnant somehow)

And he may already be in the school disguised as the teacher who knows a bit TOO much about dragon biology, according to some fan theories.

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't her dad roam around a temple looking place? I always assumed he was a dragon god, since he very likely can shapeshift. (cause he had to have had gotten his wife pregnant somehow)

And he may already be in the school disguised as the teacher who knows a bit TOO much about dragon biology, according to some fan theories.
Do you mean that he is not just a dragon, but an uber-super god of dragons with a bunch of different abilities?

If this is true, then it looks like the guy is even more OP than Miyazaki's reptiles!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread