Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

esp

Do you release them so they can bring you more iron? I was wondering how bandits = money when they can't turn them in for bounties.

Dex-chan lover
Man this chapter really soured me on the manga as a whole, there was absolutely no reason not to kill off all those bandit/mercenaries, They came with the purpose of killing everyone and attacked you with deadly force, letting them go is just a stupid move.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one that thinks letting the bandints leave is actually a decent idea? The bandit boss himsefl said "This guy is worth more than 100 gold coins". The moment word of mouth spreads, nobody's going to want to mess with Dias. He's already a famous hero, so word of "Hey, that guy's crazy strong for real" will spread far, which mean nobody will willingly mess with him without being promised a prohibitive amount of money. The risk just isn't worth it.

Dex-chan lover
Bandits are just rare mobs with bunch of loot attached to them.
Manga comment sections are so bloodthirsty ♥ Everyone just want blood splatters all over the steppe.

Dex-chan lover
A fair amount of questionable translation errors:

Page 18, the bandit boss say 'even 100 gold coins ain't enough', so in a way the current translation isn't wrong but I feel it lacks the...frustration? expressed.

Page 20, 2 lines:
Left most bubble on the middle line: Why won't you just obediently let me kill you (nobody in the translation team even thought the current line telling Dias to kill him is...off?)
Bottom panels right most bubble: I won't give up. (it's not read 読む, it's giving up 諦める)

Page 26, she did soul judgement just in case, and when the result was a strong blue she was troubled by it. (since she initially went to kill him y'know)

Page 28, she was speaking in past tense, referring to wondering why'd she thought to talk with him back then.

@sedition:
He's a nice guy so he let them off with a warning since there was no real damage on his side.
But he also did end with "if they try it again, NO MERCY"

@deerafl: He's not a bandit, but either a noble or a knight who got rekt (maybe accidentally) by Dias in the past and want revenge (hence hiring these bandits)

Fed-Kun's army
Someone tries to kill you, you can kill them right back no prob, I hate the whole "I punched you once so I win!!" that some manga have done. MC comes at them hard and seriously injures them, and decides to let them go. Some people say this was wrong but I don't feel the usual distain I have for things like this. It ok

Dex-chan lover
@Duat Do those bandits even have to exaggerate? They tried to fight against a war hero and lost. He might as well be a literal boogeyman to anyone that tries to hunt him down with just the stories that are no doubt present in the world already. All this failed contract did is confirm that the stories aren't exaggerations.

Dex-chan lover
The noble guy with the long hair is such an idiot I hope he dies asap.

Double-page supporter
Several bandits did die during the fight. Killing the survivors afterward is straight-up murder, and regardless of whether you agree with it or not, the MC clearly isn't down with that.

Double-page supporter
@sedition You’re really overreacting IMO. The whole manga is ruined just because he did something in-character? Have you not paid attention to his morals/ethics? Letting them go might be dumb, but it made sense for his character to be lenient. And if they do come back, they’ll just get spanked again. He even said that he would show no mercy next time. Not liking his decision is understandable, but saying it sours the whole manga seems extremely overdramatic. But hey, you do you.

VBRxeXd.png

maximum cute dash

Fed-Kun's army
@WhimsiCat

I'm curious why that noble/knight had a sudden sharp pain and why the pain points to his hip/crotch. Did Dias.... *smirk*

Joke aside, i re-read the past chapters, maybe he showed in some panel. But cant find him

Users who are viewing this thread