Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
@deerafl: It's his old wound that apparently was caused by Dias, but right now we have no info on that.
As for the pain, probably seeing Dias reminds me of that old wound and cause it to act up from stress (that it didn't act up earlier was because he's in too much of a panic while fleeing, now that he calms down a little, pain)

And yeah, I initially thought he's one of the bitch princess's knights (which would explain why he know where Dias is), but when I checked that chapter he's not one of them.

Dex-chan lover
I actually like the way Dias handled the bandits. Didn't apologize for the ones he killed, made it clear they were being idiots with a lecture(likely making them feel even worse, like children being scolded by a father), and made the point(if only to Aruna/the reader) that mercy was a one time offer. I could see this leading some of the bandits to returning peacefully and asking for work since Dias likely is the best boss they could hope to have. Sometimes tough love works.

Fed-Kun's army
While seeing him let those bandits go was annoying, it wasn't out of character for him. It would be weird if he suddenly cut their head off and turn their body into gunpowder.

And boy ain't those bandits stupid. Bring 10 people to fight against "the Hero who saved the country and literally He-Man".

Dex-chan lover
@CZ: Nope, that guy in ch 1 has square jaw like Dias, while this guy has angled jaw.
And the ch 1 guy's hair seem to go only to his shoulder:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/698167/10 (middle panel here)
vs
This guy's much longer hair in a similar angle.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/782925/19 (right most panel on the middle)

Dex-chan lover
that was so sweet.

doctor, can you do something about my blood sugar levels?

Dex-chan lover
I loved how he handled the bandits. A lot of MCs are straight-up murderers without conscience or humanity and I really question how people can enjoy that.

daaaamn, i'd really like to see the scene of Arunas glowing horn floating around in the dark like a will o'wisp translated to an anime. This artist has some really good compositions. Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
How I imagine the bandit scolding went:

Bandit 1: Why the hell are we letting this old man scold us as if we were children?
Bandit 2: Dude, shut up! Do you want to end up like Steve?
Bandit 1: Wha-what do you mean "end up like Steve"? What happened to Steve? Actually, where IS Steve?
Bandit 2: Oh, Steve is over there... and over there... and there... and there... and there too...
Bandit 1: Yikes!

He already took their weapons, it's not Dias style to kill helpless men. They're all it for the money anyways, more mercenaries then bandits, I guess they thought it was going to be an easy paycheck but once they say who they were up against they realized they would need at least 10 times more men (for ten times the gold). I doubt anyone except the guy who paid them is going to hold a grudge over being left alive.

And finally, the author had to give our favorite manly MC a typical shounen character trait, letting the defeated go. WTF would a former soldier let these guys go? And don't tell me it's because they're not a threat to him, they could still kill Aruna or one of his other subjects. Sorry, people, but there's absolutely no reason to let these bandits, assassins, whatever go. They could always try again or be part of the next group of assholes that come for him. I am disappointed and would like to see one story, just one, have the balls to demonstrate the consequences of giving mercy to unrepentant assholes.

Rant over.

@talas Yeah, isn't it great that those bandits are now free to kill and rape other people? I'm in tears over such kindness! Every future victim of these bandits is a result of his action here. Every murder and rape they commit in the future is effectively a murder and rape he commits as well by letting them go. At least take them prisoner and turn them over to the authorities!

Dex-chan lover
@Phoenix_VII I came here to say what you already did but you did it much better than I could.

And it breaks character for everyone. Aruna is not a goody two shoes or at least she is not supposed to be. She would have killed them all without a second thought.

Hardest drop this year so far.

Users who are viewing this thread