Ryuu to Ayumu Nariagari Boukensha-dou - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Survey Corp

Fed-Kun's army
I wouldn't be surprised if Traitor Squad paid off Survey Squad for a favorable rating since they wanted to raid it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming it's the survey corps attacking him, and then right as it finishes, the asshole group will show up, beaten + battered, screaming about shadow knights on the first floor, or something.

Double-page supporter
Just call the Shadow Knight a rare spawn and don't lose your grip on your shit.
In MMOs it's not uncommon for a rare mob to randomly spawn, or for that rare mob to be stronger than regular mobs.
"It seems like the Shadow Knight was probably a rare spawn. Good job taking it out."

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused, did the shadow knight helmet they sold to the guild not count as proof that they fought a shadow knight?
It's not really clear, but that Helmet wasn't of Shadow Knight, it was of the regular Armour Monster.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh, honestly, I'm really starting to despise these bullied so I'm traumatized even tho I got really strong cliches. They just feel like sooo catered to schoolers who got bullied for relatability. makes the story and character growth so shallow as I've seen this cliche so many times it makes me wanna barf reflexively

Dex-chan lover
What the hell is wrong with those guy from the survey party?😅😅😅
Picking a fight left and right

Dex-chan lover
I feel annoyed with this kind of trope. This kind of trope makes reading the story harder because it insinuate hating on certain characters. It surely effective to not make the story boring. But, if it's not ended in a good conclusive way, the hate would still linger it could make the reader couldn't project the hate properly. If that is true, other plot point would be harder to convey. It's a double-edged knife

i can only wish that this survey corp is not a side-villain group that exist only for creating that trope. But with the fact that there is no introduction of each members prior to this problem, i can't hope that much

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused, did the shadow knight helmet they sold to the guild not count as proof that they fought a shadow knight?
Assume for one moment that the helmet can absolutely be obtained exclusively by killing the shadow knight, and nothing else can resemble it.

All the helmet proves is they fought a shadow knight, not that there actually was a shadow knight in that dungeon.

Now consider it may not be impossible to obtain the helm by other means(such as buying it), or finding it lying around. Or that there could not be other creatures or people who could create similar helms.

From the guilds perspective they don't have enough proof. They simply have an adventurer who claims one thing, and a elite skilled team who didn't find any proof, and proof to the contrary(dungeon is weaker that it's supposed level).

It wouldn't surprise me if both were right, and the dungeon put out some weaker soldiers while amassing its power to create a bunch more dangerous ones. Or that the dungeon grew so powerful that it could employee means to block off areas and avoid detection.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

So... Do we wanna place bets on who the unseen antagonist at the end of this chapter will be? Is it;

• Survey team being petty buttholes over being challenged in any capacity.
  • Traitor squad from the first chapter, having finally crossed paths with him.
  • No-name adventurer thug(s) mad at Dion's rank jump.
  • Brand new jerk(s) introduced just for this bit of drama/character growth.

I'm going survey jerks... Just introduced, egotistical, and their unanimous group stink eye at him for daring to disagree with them. Wouldn't be surprised for them to go after and assault him as a weird power play.
All of them seem like possible scenarios. It's hard to narrow it down to one.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

So... Do we wanna place bets on who the unseen antagonist at the end of this chapter will be? Is it;

• Survey team being petty buttholes over being challenged in any capacity.
  • Traitor squad from the first chapter, having finally crossed paths with him.
  • No-name adventurer thug(s) mad at Dion's rank jump.
  • Brand new jerk(s) introduced just for this bit of drama/character growth.

I'm going survey jerks... Just introduced, egotistical, and their unanimous group stink eye at him for daring to disagree with them. Wouldn't be surprised for them to go after and assault him as a weird power play.
I'm placing my money on the traitor squad.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh, honestly, I'm really starting to despise these bullied so I'm traumatized even tho I got really strong cliches. They just feel like sooo catered to schoolers who got bullied for relatability. makes the story and character growth so shallow as I've seen this cliche so many times it makes me wanna barf reflexively
agree but I dont mind it in this one too much. Then again I could jus be giving this manga a pass cuz it was kinda the first one I read like that. But def have a point fr

Dex-chan lover
Dragon waifu is still way too cute. And don't make me start about her pouting face... It does things to me.
Now, I guess it's time for the newly introduced villains to realise where they stand huh.
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I thought the search skill's magic can be felt by strong beings? Seeing as how Guild Master felt when his childhood friend used it in the city. So wouldn't that mean that the Shadow Knights probably felt when they used it on the whole floor and just hid? Since we clearly saw MC's search couldn't detect them.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
:wooow: Let me guess, it's the survey team. And let me guess again, they'll get wiped by Dion and his waifu.

Users who are viewing this thread