Ryuusa no Ori - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Making a manga to promote the LN feels like the scummiest tactic ever. I read novels because I want to read novels, I read manga because I want to read manga. If I pick up a manga and then the story stops and I'm told the rest is in the novel, I'm going to ignore it. Like, imagine going to a movie that stops halfway and then says "See the ending in the book" in big bold text. How would this not piss you off? I didn't pick up the novel and read the novel, I went to the movie (manga) and watched the movie and enjoyed the movie because it was a MOVIE.

Obviously it works in Japan if they do this often enough, but my goodness this is so irritating.

Dex-chan lover
Making a manga to promote the LN feels like the scummiest tactic ever. I read novels because I want to read novels, I read manga because I want to read manga. If I pick up a manga and then the story stops and I'm told the rest is in the novel, I'm going to ignore it. Like, imagine going to a movie that stops halfway and then says "See the ending in the book" in big bold text. How would this not piss you off? I didn't pick up the novel and read the novel, I went to the movie (manga) and watched the movie and enjoyed the movie because it was a MOVIE.

Obviously it works in Japan if they do this often enough, but my goodness this is so irritating.
All it does for me is guarentee I'll not buy the LN and it also makes me potentially not get anything by the mangaka either.

Group Leader
Man everytime I get invested in a manga, and it ends mid arc 1 because it was just an LN promotion, I die inside.

Group Leader
It's over!? Lame as hell. We didn't even get the conclusion with his ex. I have a feeling it was his former best friend who spread the rumor so he could swoop in when the ex was vulnerable.
From what I saw of previous spoilers, the
traitor friend basically disguised himself as MC and did all those things to his ex so he could steal her from MC. He eventually gets his comeuppance, but I heard the MC goes really easy on his Ex, despite the fact that she treated him like garbage without hearing his side of the story. In a world with magic, I feel like you gotta be sure about something before ruining someone's life.

Take the spoiler with a grain of salt tho. It's all 2nd hand info since I haven't read the LN.

Dex-chan lover
Axed, huh? Kinda glad that it got euthanized. It’s starting to feel like it’s not particularly going anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, that's the end? I guess it got axed...we didn't even get a conclusion with his ex-friend and the whole fiasco of misunderstandings. What a waste of a potenially good series
Ikr atleast rush to conclude everything! im really disappointed can somone spoil the ex friend's downfall

Dex-chan lover
traitor friend basically disguised himself as MC and did all those things to his ex so he could steal her from MC. He eventually gets his comeuppance, but I heard the MC goes really easy on his Ex, despite the fact that she treated him like garbage without hearing his side of the story. In a world with magic, I feel like you gotta be sure about something before ruining someone's life.

Take the spoiler with a grain of salt tho. It's all 2nd hand info since I haven't read the LN.
It's really tiresome how they make overly forgiving MC's. I get he loved his ex but the level of betrayal she did should be that she spends the rest of her life regreting what she did not "Oh gee willikers batman I didn't know I was lied too" when she of ALL people should have known better about MC's disposition.
Like you I kinda know.

Dex-chan lover
So...does anyone have a link to the LN if it's translated or whatever? :unsure:

If not, I'll just assume the MC got his revenge on his ex-lover and ex-best friend by defeating them in a battle plus pairs up with Iris as endgame and call it a day.

Dex-chan lover
So...does anyone have a link to the LN if it's translated or whatever? :unsure:

If not, I'll just assume the MC got his revenge on his ex-lover and ex-best friend by defeating them in a battle plus pairs up with Iris as endgame and call it a day.
I wish that was the case for the exlover.

Link for the novel thats whats translated up til now.

Dex-chan lover
Good riddance. So much angst and self-doubting monologues that went nowhere.

Dex-chan lover

Now I'm glad we didn't get to that part. The black hair deserves so much more

Group Leader
Now I'm glad we didn't get to that part. The black hair deserves so much more
Yeah I'm guessing the author didn't want to be too harsh on her since she was also deceived. But man, the agony MC went through in the early chapters was also partly her fault.

Well he has better friends now anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread