S-kyuu Guild wo Tsuihousareta kedo, Jitsu wa Ore dake Dragon no Kotoba ga Wakaru no de, Kidzuita Toki ni wa Ryuu Kishi no Chouten wo Kiwametemashita …

Dex-chan lover
I dunno but the way sapient dragons just take the abuse and the humans that sacrifice and abuse them really puts me off.

Like surely the guilds would have learned even by accident that treating them well leads to massive gains. How is the MC the only one to gain the "treat the well" boost that has never been seen.

Dex-chan lover
so the royal family is ok with this random adventurer just taking their god child dragon that they worship?
or more like they cant do anything about it, his laugh destroy a mountain you know XD
But yeah, its weird that after hearing this the king (or any person involved) not visiting him at all.

Dex-chan lover
I like how they just continue their conversation as Best frog girl dragon asserts her dominance while nom-ing Chris's neck. :dogkek:
nibbling-frogs

Dex-chan lover
Just a quick note on "contract" vs "covenant": you can think of them as a two-way vs one-way street. A contract has promises from both sides, whereas the covenant one has one.

In this case, it seems more like a covenant since Chris-chan is the only one giving up anything. :pepehmm:
That's not exactly right. A covenant is not a one way street with promises from one side.(though it can be the same as a contract could be(though contracts are almost never such))

A contract is more of a legal agreement. Made to secure a mutual interests or individual interests. Almost always restricts actions and to address the agreement if it is breached. Made for mutual benefit. A contract is often founded on distrust, and used to secure trust via action and restrictions. Contracts are entirely conditional.

A covenant, is something less formal but far more deep and sacred. Its a deep promise/attachment between two parties. A mutual pledge, typically with a moral element to it.(firing someone and paying them severance , canceling a phone plan, paying the penalty and going to another carrier are non moral, contracts)

A covenant is more of a relational agreement founded on trust. Traditional marriage vows, are a good example. Where 2 people pledge to love, cherish, and take care of each other for the rest of their lives.

Covenants are upheld at the discretion of those agreed. They can uphold their end mutually, uphold their end one sided/unconditionally, or both not uphold it. Whether it is held or not, is more often a matter of character. Covenants can operate unconditionally even when the other side doesn't hold their end of the agreement.

I would say a Vow is half a covenant, and is the one way street you describe. Mutual vows, typically compose a covenant. Covenants also do not usually expire, but last jndefinitely unless dissolved.

Covenant is clearly closer what is going on here, as Chris and MC are bound together on a deeper level.

Dex-chan lover
That's not exactly right.

snip
Fair point, although I should note that covenants can also be made in legally binding documents (see e.g., pretty much any real estate lease agreement), at least in the western tradition. I didn't want to get bogged down in the minutiae of conditional promises and consideration and whether a drop of bloodpeppercorn is sufficient* for such when a simple one-sentence description would be ~80% as accurate.

But yeah, covenant should be the term here @DaveGerdern . Take the opportunity to give the kids some nollij! :wooow:

*source: 3 years of (American) law school and ten years of (American) practice :salute: (with all due apologies to Messrs. Moony, Esq.) (all opinions here are given as a layperson and should not be taken as legal advice, naturally :worry:)

Dex-chan lover
I read the WN, got bored, tuned out.
Going to make you all miserable like me.

Yes. In the WN, they receive a deep and profound sense of fulfillment.
The form varies per dragon. One of them views him as god (because he lets her sleep)?
It's more of a transitory feeling though like getting drunk. Nothing plot-affecting.

No, Chris is Chris. A massive troll.
Self-proclaimed "perfect existence" of evolution. And lacks concept (or need) of gender.

(1) When later MC learns illusion/polymorph and tries it out on Chris...
...since it is "the form he perceives as their own"...

...Chris pops up as a macho dude in a banana hammock.
MC takes some eye bleach, then swaps Chris back to his/her illusory female form. A busty lady.

(2) ...and of course MC polymorphs/illusions as Bahamut.

Then I honestly recommend switching off to another. It gets "worse" per your metric (i.e. more of the same).
Mostly a slice-of-life with no real risks and conveniently timed Deus Ex Machina powerups.

That is what actually prompted me to stop reading the (raw) WN. Just got boring.
But manga is cute. I'd keep reading it just for the Tsundere dragon waifu.
I feel you with that last part.

Group Leader
A covenant, is something less formal but far more deep and sacred. Its a deep promise/attachment between two parties. A mutual pledge, typically with a moral element to it.(firing someone and paying them severance , canceling a phone plan, paying the penalty and going to another carrier are non moral, contracts)
Noted I will use covenant instead of contract in the next chapter.

Thanks for all the comments.

I will try to reduce the number of notes in the manga, if there still a lot of notes, sorry. My adhd seem to affect text.

Dex-chan lover
One odd thing is when Cyril and a dragon is communicating it seems the humans can't comprehend his side of the conversation,
and the dragons can't comprehend what is being said when he talks to a human.
Does his side just become gibberish for the nontargeted listeners regardless of whether they are dragon or human? :huh:

Group Leader
One odd thing is when Cyril and a dragon is communicating it seems the humans can't comprehend his side of the conversation,
and the dragons can't comprehend what is being said when he talks to a human.
Does his side just become gibberish for the nontargeted listeners regardless of whether they are dragon or human? :huh:
I think he is just speaking normally, and the princess just just confused/comfirming as she only could understand one side of the conversations. I don't think he can speak in dragon. As for the dragon just trying to understand the meanings.

Dex-chan lover
Either the royals hide the contract stuff to restrict people from getting stronger so it won't harm them or the general treatment of people towards dragon gradually getting subpar causing it to be forgotten since less people are worthy of the contract.

Users who are viewing this thread