S-kyuu Guild wo Tsuihousareta kedo, Jitsu wa Ore dake Dragon no Kotoba ga Wakaru no de, Kidzuita Toki ni wa Ryuu Kishi no Chouten wo Kiwametemashita …

Dex-chan lover
my drunk brain thought he name it Christ since it is a child of god :aquadrink:
Could've been the inspiration.
so the royal family is ok with this random adventurer just taking their god child dragon that they worship?
The royal family treats the Dragon almost like a deity, so I suppose it's easy enough to conclude that the man who is also a Dragon-whisperer is trustworthy, when the (demi?)godlike Child of God Dragon chose him itself.

I doubt the royal family would treat the Phoenix Dragon like a possession or slave when they revere it enough to guard it for centuries, and build that lavish chamber for it.

Dex-chan lover
I read the WN, got bored, tuned out.
Going to make you all miserable like me.

Does... does the dragon get anything out of these contracts?
Yes. In the WN, they receive a deep and profound sense of fulfillment.
The form varies per dragon. One of them views him as god (because he lets her sleep)?
It's more of a transitory feeling though like getting drunk. Nothing plot-affecting.

but is it supposed to be Chris like Christ
No, Chris is Chris. A massive troll.
Self-proclaimed "perfect existence" of evolution. And lacks concept (or need) of gender.

(1) When later MC learns illusion/polymorph and tries it out on Chris...
...since it is "the form he perceives as their own"...

...Chris pops up as a macho dude in a banana hammock.
MC takes some eye bleach, then swaps Chris back to his/her illusory female form. A busty lady.

(2) ...and of course MC polymorphs/illusions as Bahamut.

The MC was fine without being overpowered and now he gets a god pact as a starter kit
It is unfortunate, but web novel authors are known to be unable to tackle these issues without a deus ex machina with invincible powers to justify the main character reaching his/her goal.

Then I honestly recommend switching off to another. It gets "worse" per your metric (i.e. more of the same).
Mostly a slice-of-life with no real risks and conveniently timed Deus Ex Machina powerups.

That is what actually prompted me to stop reading the (raw) WN. Just got boring.
But manga is cute. I'd keep reading it just for the Tsundere dragon waifu.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee boyyyyy MOAR DRAGOOONSSSS!!!! and investment to boot! Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
WYNaQP4.png

i got that lol, good reference

Dex-chan lover
having been alive this long Chris rly just seemt o be super chill and Lenient doesnt he?

Dex-chan lover
Somewhat I agree that it's a bummer that MC is getting power-ups for free, but at the same time it's a given, since he's the only one who truly care about dragons wellbeing.

And yet, despite all that happened in this chapter, MC still acts somewhat nonchalant and composed. Truly a good guy. :huh:

Double-page supporter
It is unfortunate, but web novel authors are known to be unable to tackle these issues without a deus ex machina with invincible powers to justify the main character reaching his/her goal.
From getting rid of the story's gimmick (e.g. blind girl isekai) to sudden power up because of some bogus genetics (heh) this is what we have to deal with.
This is absolutely true. I have read chapter 60+ webnovel and I found it very weird.

He kept saying he have to keep stronger to protect everyone, but hell, there was only 1 real fight so far (60+ chapter) which was not a hard fight at all. And web novel never ever told or hint anything to be a threat to him, dragons, princess or even country he lived in.

Although every dragon contract make him stronger but some of them consume a lot of energy. Like he eat a whole cow and can use power for one minute.

But to protect(?) everyone from harm, Hero pool every power in his body. He got really powerful but now for one whole cow, HE CAN USE HIS POWER FOR 1 SECOND. THAT IS NOT PRACTICAL, YOU DAMN IDIOT!!!

Dex-chan lover
Just a quick note on "contract" vs "covenant": you can think of them as a two-way vs one-way street. A contract has promises from both sides, whereas the covenant one has one.

In this case, it seems more like a covenant since Chris-chan is the only one giving up anything. :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
Princess is just gonna be a sponsor? If that means not getting between Cyril and his dragons, I'm fine.

Genderless means that he won't shag the Child of God, right?
RIGHT?
Who says it won't be the other way around - the Child of God doesn't try to shag him?
Don't look at it one-sided.

I can't wait for Cyril to fill his holes with dragons :)
Yeah, that barn's got quite a bit of room... Oh, did you mean something else?

Dex-chan lover
At first Chris sounded like a dumb name for a phoenix dragon, but is it supposed to be Chris like Christ (Jesus's given name as the child of god in christian theology)?

ALSO Cyril with dragon powers AND royal backing. Can't wait for MC to show up that S-Rank Guild :meguusmug:
plus chris is a gender neutral name, fitting for one that has no gender

Dex-chan lover
...Of course, the greatest vessel.
Gotta catch 'em all, I guess :glee:

Users who are viewing this thread