S Rank Boukensha de aru Ore no Musume-tachi wa Juudo no Father Con deshita - Ch. 38 - Calamity Attacks

Dex-chan lover
So, interesting tidbit + me just thinking of dumb conspiracy-level plot twists:

image.png

All the monsters we've seen so far, the cyclops + the hydra, have had this glyph on their head (which, when the hydra was teased as a silhouette, it had no glowing glyph in its head, though whether or not that means anything is up for debate since it was in shadow, though it's a lit-up glyph). Since the magic circles are just teleportation circles, and not summoning/contract circles, this means that these monsters are probably under the influence of a brainwashing/mind-control spell, which lets Etra control them.

Now for the conspiracy bit: I would honestly kind of like it if the kids managed to defeat the hydra, but then events at the rank-up ceremony happen, and after Kaiser+Regina become S-rank, Kaiser gets mind controlled and teleported to the capital as the "Real S-rank calamity". Would love to see a bit where his kids become triumphant over an S-rank threat hydra on their own, only to immediately get greeted with "well, let's see how close you are to actually catching up to your dad, then". Though, he'd then obviously lose either to the power of love snapping him out of it, or the brainwashing not reaching his full potential, or whatever. But I also dunno how well that fits with what's been teased of Etra's plan, maybe Regina will be the one to go brainwash-Majin-mode instead or something.

Dex-chan lover
fantasy series seems to have boner for Hydra as an enemy huh? and almost all of them always shock at the regen power of the hydra and then either actually kill it by remove the core or just a way for the protagonist to show off how OP they are by blow up the whole thing

Dex-chan lover
so this chapter kinda confirms my theory that the s-rank requirement has lowered since the mc quite so he can raise these girls. they mention that the hydra is one of the remaining s-rank monsters, which means most s-rank monsters have already been killed. if that's the case then it's no wonder these girls are all s rank, the requirement to reach it would no longer be having to be on a similar level to such monsters. i mean one of them doesn't even have any combat skills yet she's s-rank.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, if the antagonist really wanted to be an asshole, all he would need to do is hide a third and fourth teleportation circle along the escape routes set to trigger about an hour or so after the monsters emerged from the first two circles. It would be an utter massacre. Then even if the Capital survived, it's citizens would be greatly reduced

Dex-chan lover
page 15 reminds me of dynasty warriors, when you check the map before you enter the battle

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, if the antagonist really wanted to be an asshole, all he would need to do is hide a third and fourth teleportation circle along the escape routes set to trigger about an hour or so after the monsters emerged from the first two circles. It would be an utter massacre. Then even if the Capital survived, it's citizens would be greatly reduced
Of course, that increases the chance of the plan getting discovered in advance proportionally.
But by the looks of it, killing the people is not the goal here. It's fantasy, so the goals should be more like "obtaining the Sacred Chalice of Demon King Resurrection that is in the kingdom's treasury".

Dex-chan lover
Of course, that increases the chance of the plan getting discovered in advance proportionally.
But by the looks of it, killing the people is not the goal here. It's fantasy, so the goals should be more like "obtaining the Sacred Chalice of Demon King Resurrection that is in the kingdom's treasury".
Eh, many setting use the suffering, torment, and or death of large population centers to fuel such rituals. So isn't as if there is no precedence for such events either. Besides, it's sus as f that they found that first circle so easily. There being a second that activated with the first shows how sloppy their scouting has been. There could easily be more unknow circles primed with a longer delay to catch any that fled the capital as they tried to flee.

Aggregator gang
I hope I'm not the only one but did anybody else find this entire chapter predictable and boring

so this chapter kinda confirms my theory that the s-rank requirement has lowered since the mc quite so he can raise these girls. they mention that the hydra is one of the remaining s-rank monsters, which means most s-rank monsters have already been killed. if that's the case then it's no wonder these girls are all s rank, the requirement to reach it would no longer be having to be on a similar level to such monsters. i mean one of them doesn't even have any combat skills yet she's s-rank.
Personally, I think s rank requirements are indeed lowered, but your reasonings are all wrong.

"The hydra is one of the remaining s-rank monsters." Only 5 S-rank monsters have been confirmed.

"These girls are all s rank." Only the sword master is an S rank adventurer. The other 2 aren't even adventurers.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I think s rank requirements are indeed lowered, but your reasonings are all wrong.

"The hydra is one of the remaining s-rank monsters." Only 5 S-rank monsters have been confirmed.

"These girls are all s rank." Only the sword master is an S rank adventurer. The other 2 aren't even adventurers.
all 3 girls are s-rank, that's quite literally the name of the manga. in fact they mentioned it multiple times throughout the story that they are all s-rank.

Dex-chan lover
i think her goal has nothing to do with the destruction of the capital nor the death of civilians. this seems more like a test for the mc set up by her.

thank for the scans and translation soseki scans! im enjoying this manga more than i anticipated when i started :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I forgot not everyone thinks like a Vietnamese that just "pack shits up and go" like we didn't abandon our capitals at least 4 times in history already.

Dex-chan lover
So, interesting tidbit + me just thinking of dumb conspiracy-level plot twists:

image.png

All the monsters we've seen so far, the cyclops + the hydra, have had this glyph on their head (which, when the hydra was teased as a silhouette, it had no glowing glyph in its head, though whether or not that means anything is up for debate since it was in shadow, though it's a lit-up glyph). Since the magic circles are just teleportation circles, and not summoning/contract circles, this means that these monsters are probably under the influence of a brainwashing/mind-control spell, which lets Etra control them.

Now for the conspiracy bit: I would honestly kind of like it if the kids managed to defeat the hydra, but then events at the rank-up ceremony happen, and after Kaiser+Regina become S-rank, Kaiser gets mind controlled and teleported to the capital as the "Real S-rank calamity". Would love to see a bit where his kids become triumphant over an S-rank threat hydra on their own, only to immediately get greeted with "well, let's see how close you are to actually catching up to your dad, then". Though, he'd then obviously lose either to the power of love snapping him out of it, or the brainwashing not reaching his full potential, or whatever. But I also dunno how well that fits with what's been teased of Etra's plan, maybe Regina will be the one to go brainwash-Majin-mode instead or something.
the same to you, Salfaro:
by the way, your image link broke. Discord no longer lets themselves be a free CDN lol
Imgur still works tho.

Users who are viewing this thread