S Rank Boukensha de aru Ore no Musume-tachi wa Juudo no Father Con deshita - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I picked up some babies

@Roadrunner9000 To be sure in most cases you would have the dog go after the person that stepped on the tail. To be honest I made a mistake in my analogy. It would be like them stepping on the tail and the dog getting up and biting the person directly in front of them. It wasn't so much that person who stepped on the tail but it was an instinctive reaction. In this case the dragon heard something disturbing it's sleep and saw the village before the MC. So *splat* goes the village. But then again maybe there is more to it hard to tell.

Dex-chan lover
So his daughters are not blood related? This is going to turn into fantasy Usagi Drop isn't?

Dex-chan lover
@Renan_Walheim Yeah, that already exists even without this one. Probably others I'm not even aware besides this and that one, too. It happens.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, this seems refreshing
Someone OP finally taking actual responsibility

Dex-chan lover
7 pages in to the first chapter and i can already tell the story will be: MC thinks waking up a dragon caused it to destroy a village and kill his daughters family, and the big twist will be the dragon saved the 3 girls from the real threat and in the end he'll be thankful for waking him up

In western culture, people who excel are praised. In eastern culture, people who excel are treated with bitter envy. The nail that stands up gets hammered down.

Group Leader
Soured by the first chapter. Typical Japanese mentality of blaming the survivor for not being able to defeat an overwhelming power.

Dex-chan lover
Firstly, I doubt anyone is going to read this comment.
That said it doesn't really matter since what I wanted to say is effectively said on the first page #8.
But I do want to add:
If the newly awoken S-rank dragon can wipe out the town in the few seconds it took him to run to the edge of the cliff allowing him to see the town, likely by simply LANDING ON IT, then there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY he could have done anything to prevent it.
His fighting woke up the dragon? Unlikely. As the other person mentioned, the wyverns alone would have done that if it was simply fighting noises that woke it up, especially MELEE fighting noises (massive explosion fighting noises? I could comprehend that, but not melee or bow/arrow).
Basically, he walked to the top of an active volcano, poured some water down the crater onto molten lava, somehow survived the volcanic blast cloud (can't remember how it's spelled) that coincidentally happens immediately after, then blamed himself for the volcano erupting. The people at the Guild who blame him are also delusional or simply don't like his fame...

Finally, if he quits being an adventurer how does he expect to support the children? I suppose THAT will be explained in the next chapter or later...

Group Leader
Guess those words got to him. Seems a bit of a reach from "you accidentally awakened a S rank dragon which in turn destroyed a village surprisingly close to where the wyverns are (which constitute an A rank mission)" to "you are responsible for the village's destruction". I know this is just for setting up the story but it doesn't make much sense.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, I've seen this one, except here they have 3 daughters instead of 1, and mc is a "typical japanese highschooler"-type guy instead of a dandy-looking old man with a peg leg, red ponytail and a magnificent beard.
He have two daughters now (1 son and another daughter if you count the one his 1st daughter adopt)

Double-page supporter
Bro, that shit isn't your fault. Like the MC can read this... In any case, as in real life, mfs are quick to kick you when you're down. It's annoying because I know this isn't a revenge story so I won't get the satisfaction of randos eating their words. Ah well, it's wholesome... for now.

Dex-chan lover
No idea why he would think it was his fault. Quit adventuring because some nobodies lower rank than him diss him? They are just jealous of him. MC is quite stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread