S-Rank Party Kara Kaikosareta [Jugushi] ~"Noroi no Item" Shika Tsukuremasen ga, Sono Seinou wa Artifact-kyuu nari......!~ - Ch. 30.2

Double-page supporter
“Bis” is used in technical specs to signify an improvement which isn’t big enough to merit a full version number change. (Admittedly, the only standard I know of which actually used it was the V.32bis modem standard, but it was apparently widely-known enough that this was not considered weird at the time.) IIRC, it’s from the French for “kiss”, as in “this is the same standard, but with an added little bit of attention”.

Dex-chan lover
“Bis” is used in technical specs to signify an improvement which isn’t big enough to merit a full version number change. (Admittedly, the only standard I know of which actually used it was the V.32bis modem standard, but it was apparently widely-known enough that this was not considered weird at the time.) IIRC, it’s from the French for “kiss”, as in “this is the same standard, but with an added little bit of attention”.
No, it's from latin: bis repetita means "things repeated twice", so it's when you have a second iteration on something you've already done once, to improve it.

Dex-chan lover
maidtobebred.png

She looking hella submissive in that ngl :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
He should collect a few more demon lord heart pieces and combine them to make a ring. It would grant the wearer unnaturally long life, strength, invisibility, allow them to see things that shouldn't be seen, and finally corrupt their mind inexorably.

Group Leader
Kind of. Bis is a repetition, it's a Latin word like etc. Here, it is used because it's the second iteration on the cursed heart.
I see
If it is BIS for gamer terms , Best in Slot? But considering the orginal item's specs. I guess it could be considered one of the best items you could wear?
Probably if it is a gamer term.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
No, it's from latin: bis repetita means "things repeated twice", so it's when you have a second iteration on something you've already done once, to improve it.
According to the person I met who was a contributor to the V.32 standard, they were thinking of the French meaning.

Dex-chan lover
The Elf will probably ask for this, "Okay Gaile, I need a cursed prophylactic. It is cursed because rather than stopping a pregnancy, I need it to guarantee it, make the pregnancy last 72 hours, and make sure the babies are healthy too." "Babies?" "Yeah. I want to carry twins or triplets of your seed."

Double-page supporter
At least in MMO terms, more specifically oldschool runescape, BIS stands for "Best In Slot" so the best possible item to be equipped for a given activity.

Ironman BTW

Users who are viewing this thread