S-Rank Party Kara Kaikosareta [Jugushi] ~"Noroi no Item" Shika Tsukuremasen ga, Sono Seinou wa Artifact-kyuu nari......!~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Gaaah these series piss me off, there is no way in any setting someone as powerful as the MC wouldn't know he was this OP. Absolutely no way would anyone think a 90% debuff was normal when there are other Crusifiers and when Buffers are only giving smaller amounts.

Also "I'm too weak thank god I was buffed to be good enough to kill the enemy" You felt her buff after you had killed a whole lot of them then the buff ended so you no longer felt it......... This stupid writing to have a mopey emo MC just doesn't work and has no reason to think like he does.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't mind him being a bit overpowered in Cursificing, since not many people in this world see that as a valuable skill. But making him this overwhelming in a fight and making his debuffs so powerful is just ridiculous. I'll keep reading for a while I guess but the series really needs to tone it down a bit.

Fed-Kun's army
Gaaah these series piss me off, there is no way in any setting someone as powerful as the MC wouldn't know he was this OP. Absolutely no way would anyone think a 90% debuff was normal when there are other Crusifiers and when Buffers are only giving smaller amounts.

Also "I'm too weak thank god I was buffed to be good enough to kill the enemy" You felt her buff after you had killed a whole lot of them then the buff ended so you no longer felt it......... This stupid writing to have a mopey emo MC just doesn't work and has no reason to think like he does.
I think if you get belittled as much as he did, because of the stigma on the cursificer, by his party who didn’t know any better because of their lack of experience, his thinking and view of himself would just be as he did. Also with how long he was with them, buffing them like he did, it was inevitable of him to think that he is weak, when he wasn’t able to properly show and know what he can do

Dex-chan lover
He was also apparently shouldering all the negative side-effects of his party's cursed equipment for... years, maybe. To the point it seems like he got used to it.
And it seems like that curse made him worse at... everything, since it seems they can even affect someone's ability to use personal skills.
This is his first try at... anything after being un-(self-)cursed. And if I remember right even the things he sold were created only after that.

No wonder he got OP, this is Dragon Ball Z's increased gravity, but for everything and with Goku not knowing how high it was when he finally turned it off.

Dex-chan lover
He was also apparently shouldering all the negative side-effects of his party's cursed equipment for... years, maybe. To the point it seems like he got used to it.
And it seems like that curse made him worse at... everything, since it seems they can even affect someone's ability to use personal skills.
This is his first try at... anything after being un-(self-)cursed. And if I remember right even the things he sold were created only after that.

No wonder he got OP, this is Dragon Ball Z's increased gravity, but for everything and with Goku not knowing how high it was when he finally turned it off.
I didn't even think about and about to gripe about him getting a buff and it wearing off without him noticing but with this line of thought in mind it still does make sense why he wouldn't know.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't even think about and about to gripe about him getting a buff and it wearing off without him noticing but with this line of thought in mind it still does make sense why he wouldn't know.
Don't just accept that explanation.

It works for the setup, but at this point we're now set for forced dense protagonist and misunderstanding because you have a person who could have clearly explained things to him and helped him get his self confidence because they seem to actually care. But chose not to and left things vague rather than properly explaining things to him.

Unless things change within the next few chapters and he gets a clear understanding that his talent is actually incredible. Prepare for a slow descent into bottom of the barrel reused joke ad nauseum as the story starts to blend in with about a half a dozen other similar mangas/novels.

Dex-chan lover
It works for the setup, but at this point we're now set for forced dense protagonist and misunderstanding because you have a person who could have clearly explained things to him and helped him get his self confidence because they seem to actually care. But chose not to and left things vague rather than properly explaining things to him.
Yes. So many stories seem to rely on "ok, so we never explain to the MC his skills are OP, or make the ones explaining not get it through their heads" it is annoying.
Surprisingly, the one that the MC did get how OP he was is one that the MC can travel between the two worlds and for now seems to have become slice of life. In there he is having trouble knowing how much to hold back, since he is lacking a measuring stick, but at least he, well, knows he is OP.

Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

90% slow is guaranted victories...
ಠ _ ಠ...
Until someone uses Trick Room

Dex-chan lover
Yes. So many stories seem to rely on "ok, so we never explain to the MC his skills are OP, or make the ones explaining not get it through their heads" it is annoying.
Surprisingly, the one that the MC did get how OP he was is one that the MC can travel between the two worlds and for now seems to have become slice of life. In there he is having trouble knowing how much to hold back, since he is lacking a measuring stick, but at least he, well, knows he is OP.

Until someone uses Trick Room
I know which series you mean, although that series needs to get to plot otherwise it'll get axed from no progression wheel spin.

yes

Dex-chan lover
Is there any " quit from party " where mc is not oblivious and at least know how his power is good to certain extent? Need recommendations so i just don't turn off my brain for every stuff like this

Dex-chan lover
Is there any " quit from party " where mc is not oblivious and at least know how his power is good to certain extent? Need recommendations so i just don't turn off my brain for every stuff like this
Its sadly really rare. Even series where they don't have that trope you still have to turn off brain for other reasons :(

Fed-Kun's army
I think the reason why this chapter bothered me is that it's the first chapter that actually pushed the whole "No really, the weird unliked class is OP" to the detriment of other characters. Sure, there were the constant potshots at his old party, but that was just a given with this kind of story.

However when the first real fight in the manga ends up being a complete wankfest, despite how much the previous chapter tried to set up the stakes and made the reader question what a double support party would do. Even worse, the entire manga has basically been setting up Maura as the only other competent person in the manga. She's an S-Rank Adventurer on her own, which given she's a pure support class implies a lot. Sure, she might not have the broken curses the MC has, but from what she's said previously her own spells are incredibly potent.

What I was hoping for was the kind of cheese a pair of high-level supports should be getting up to when cornered into a fight by themselves. I mean sure their combined combat skill ends at "pointy end toward enemy," but when Maura's opener is doubling all stats for an ally, that would likely be enough. There already have been all sorts of explanations in the previous chapters why the cursed items are actually useful, so how difficult would it be to put in effort for this part? I want to see shenanigans like them buffing the hell out of a housecat, converting a short-duration buff into a curse to extend its duration, or even Gaile being able to use curses with far worse downsides than normal, cause Maura could suppress the negatives.

...Yes, I do tend to play a lot of support characters.

Users who are viewing this thread