S-Rank Party Kara Kaikosareta [Jugushi] ~"Noroi no Item" Shika Tsukuremasen ga, Sono Seinou wa Artifact-kyuu nari......!~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 13.2

Contributor
His idiocy just grows with how he has a lack of urgency about the danger curses pose to others. Others can't remove curses like he does and this makes it feel like he's the kind of guy who's eccentric and smart but lacking in empathy. He didn't even reflect or feel sorry about how it endangered somebody and just puffed up his cheeks like some kid about how "tyrannical" she was.

Gaile and Maura's antics kinda remind me of FMP!'s Sousuke and Kaname a bit, especially the guy's extreme lack of common sense and potential endangerment of other people, but Gaile just comes off as more annoying and immature here. I'll give Maura a pass for using comedic violence when he's also recklessly endangering people so casually like this.

Being oblivious of the dangers of his wares is not funny, cute or endearing... I guess it has grown old to me since he has not changed one bit from the beginning.

Contributor
This series would be so much better if he wasn't so utterly retarded... he could be the strongest adventurer in the world earn millions of gold and have whatever he wants yet he does this shit...

Fed-Kun's army
Have to agree with everyone else that for some reason MC's intelligence is diminishing. When he was innthe capital, he at least seemed to comprehend that it was bad to sell people cursed items without informing them of the curse and giving them a free means to dispel it. He also showed in previous chapters that although he didn't like it, he understood people's reactions to cursed items and the word "cursed" in general. Yet in this chapter he seemed to only care about getting praise and when admonished he acted like a child about it. This would have been so much better if he had some more self-awareness about the dangers of his class and his sense of design wasn't ominous as well.

Dex-chan lover
The MC being so obsessed with the look/aesthetics of his items is ridiculously stupid. I get that being a curse artificer means he can dispel curses easily, but how is he so oblivious to the downside of these curses?

Dex-chan lover
What was even the curse about? So far the only significant side effect of the curse was a reduction in the agility stat while giving Def Pen and boosting all the other stats, and the most common curse was only being unable to take it off, and as a side character said in the early chapters, if the cursed equipment is comparable or even better than literally national-level artifacts (with the angel shield and the ring being an example), you could just live with it always on.
It's like the word 'cursed' is so taboo that they don't even try to listen what the curse was, when in Guile's tools case would almost always be a trivial side effect.
And don't downplay him as being 'somewhat remarkable' when typical magic items (as Maura said in previous chapters) can at most boost stats only 10% and only hold 1 enchantment, while Gaile's sword can enhance a stat to a whopping 150%, while having additional enchantments on top. Not to mention he literally created this thing in a day.

Aggregator gang
Thirteen chapters in, I don't know if this is sunk cost fallacy at works here, but I think the author is cooking something here.

:meguusmug:

Users who are viewing this thread