Saiaku no Avalon - Ch. 31 - Promotion Exam (3)

Okay while I do appreciate the upload/translation. It just kinda feels like a nothing chapter. I don't wanna drop because it honestly gotten me very interested early on but slowly but surely I'm losing the will to keep reading every update. Because somethings are either moving extremely slowly/dawdling, nothing worthy of note happening, or it blitzing plot moments. Blah or maybe I'm just losing my mind and just complaining for nothing.

Dex-chan lover
Why does this chapter feel both lacking in content but at the same time overly too fast paced..... Narritively what was the point of having them being interupted during the exam if your just gonna blow past it all and show nothing of the consequences? May aswell have just had them being ambushed prior to the exam and then it being put on hold.

Also MC passing the exam but not the girl who got ambushed feels strange considering everything, both should have been delayed as MC didn't complete either as it was an invalidated test. But now he's involving all of the students into this conspiracy? I maybe forgetting but I don't remember it foreshadowing any kind of conspiracy just that those 2 guys are assholes whom are blocking more adventurers.

Also we learn serious assaults, rape and other shinanigans are becoming more common especially in dungeons and the guild didn't have all the examinee's being shadowed to make sure nothing untoward happens (Especially as they know someone is doing it that's not monsters).

Dex-chan lover
Why does this chapter feel both lacking in content but at the same time overly too fast paced..... Narritively what was the point of having them being interupted during the exam if your just gonna blow past it all and show nothing of the consequences? May aswell have just had them being ambushed prior to the exam and then it being put on hold.

Also MC passing the exam but not the girl who got ambushed feels strange considering everything, both should have been delayed as MC didn't complete either as it was an invalidated test. But now he's involving all of the students into this conspiracy? I maybe forgetting but I don't remember it foreshadowing any kind of conspiracy just that those 2 guys are assholes whom are blocking more adventurers.

Also we learn serious assaults, rape and other shinanigans are becoming more common especially in dungeons and the guild didn't have all the examinee's being shadowed to make sure nothing untoward happens (Especially as they know someone is doing it that's not monsters).
the girl was meant to fail as shown in the previous chapter, the fact she didn't is probably meaningful

those 2 guys were just assholes yeah but the new girl that just showed up most likely knows of the other "reincarnator" because no info should be known of the faker job
and the guild didn't really care about the assaults because it probably only happened to the lower class

we are mostly just being shown how the world is changing since mc's arrival and its most likely the other guys' fault, specially the new discovered area

Dex-chan lover
just in case, "Fake" is not a job, but a skill. An initial skill of the Thief job, however, because it had been implemented in an update, it seems to be mostly unknown in this world.

I will also give a hint in that there are more things implemented via update besides just skills and jobs, as content has also been implemented, specially the Female Route using Sakurako as the protagonist with her own story, so considering these developments that are history related, it wouldn't be farfetched to surmise that some of the new DLC content could be known by these people somehow. (Avalon-kun doesn't know the contents of the female history, since the game is technically an eroge and you are supposed to charm the male characters (in VR), so he never cared for that part, but Nitta knows about it)

Imagine that you have a game, and later on you get a new mechanic in an update, and this new mechanic was created in preparation for a new extended lore DLC, because it's relevant to the plot. It would be strange if this necessary mechanic were to be unknown by the new characters of this new plot.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda wish they’d just drop the whole fiancée part of this manga cause to me it feels like it hold no purpose. Also I may be not understanding what’s going on but I feel the mc gives up information way too easily.

Dex-chan lover
Okay while I do appreciate the upload/translation. It just kinda feels like a nothing chapter. I don't wanna drop because it honestly gotten me very interested early on but slowly but surely I'm losing the will to keep reading every update. Because somethings are either moving extremely slowly/dawdling, nothing worthy of note happening, or it blitzing plot moments. Blah or maybe I'm just losing my mind and just complaining for nothing.
It really is a slow burn dude, don't blame you if you drop or just keep on hold. Even the MC doesn't reveal his powers outright. The whole premise of their being other worlders and how he is keen on keeping his identity a secret makes it much much slower overall.

Dex-chan lover
I think I hate this story

I could see something interesting here, but they just fumble it in every conceivable way

Aggregator gang
I kinda wish they’d just drop the whole fiancée part of this manga cause to me it feels like it hold no purpose. Also I may be not understanding what’s going on but I feel the mc gives up information way too easily.
It makes sense, she has no purpose on the story so far except for being an observer from the NPC perspective.
The other girls took over the main heroine from her since they're supporting the main character while she's just narrating stuff from her perspective so far.
the girl was meant to fail as shown in the previous chapter, the fact she didn't is probably meaningful

those 2 guys were just assholes yeah but the new girl that just showed up most likely knows of the other "reincarnator" because no info should be known of the faker job
and the guild didn't really care about the assaults because it probably only happened to the lower class

we are mostly just being shown how the world is changing since mc's arrival and its most likely the other guys' fault, specially the new discovered area
This whole part is original, to skip even more pointless stuff by having her take the test together with MC, he could introduce her at the same time. Too many lines just to show that the MC should not rely on his assumption that the NPC's doesn't know other skills aside from the 1.0 version of the game.
It really is a slow burn dude, don't blame you if you drop or just keep on hold. Even the MC doesn't reveal his powers outright. The whole premise of their being other worlders and how he is keen on keeping his identity a secret makes it much much slower overall.
He wanted to make a "unique" MC so far who's not broken and getting laid with a different girl every volume, but so far he's just made a pathetic pushover.
He wanders aimlessly with no clear goal, while being very strong the story and other characters control his actions while at the same time does nothing to improve his reputation and after 4 volumes he still gets treated like trash by his classmates and bullied.

Dex-chan lover
your task would be much easier if you cripple the damn thing
no killing? sure i get it. but not leaving any potential a-hole is a must for any situation

Aggregator gang
your task would be much easier if you cripple the damn thing
no killing? sure i get it. but not leaving any potential a-hole is a must for any situation
He does it a lot.

Remember that clan who attacked his sister. Despite knowing, they would show up to cause trouble for his class and the same guy who cut the leg of his sister wanted to rape Kaoru he does nothing and delegates the problem-solving to his sister who simply beat their leader in a duel and let them go scot-free.
Now they're up for more trouble since they reported it to the clan above them, and they're going to bring even more people to go after his class.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread