Saigo ni Hitotsu Dake Onegai Shite mo Yoroshii Deshou ka - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Group Leader
Not to attack NASS' translation (but rather to defend my own), but 'Mad Dog' is a perfectly legitimate nickname for people in English with very much the same connotations as the Japanese term. Jim Mattis, the former Secretary of Defense, was often referred to as 'Mad Dog', among many others in the past (and characters like Majima in the Yakuza series, where Mad Dog was used in the localization). You can see a list here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Dog

狂犬 only means rabid dog in a literal context, not a literary one.

There's also the fact that the manga also uses a lot of 'animalistic' language. Scarlet is referred to as a (mad) dog, the nobles are referred to as 'pigs' or 'beasts' etc, so I thought keeping the 'dog' part of Scarlet's name would be fitting (as well as using the term 'stupid bitch' (as in female dog) for クソアマ, when Scarlet refers to Terenezza).

I'll leave the last point behind spoiler tags, since it is a very minor spoiler:

This isn't a name Scarlet has given herself, or by people who liked and respected her. This is what people began to call her in terrified rumours after she beat the living daylights out of people who looked at her funny when she was younger. So it kind of makes sense that it isn't particularly flattering.

@Maplereads I'd still recommend NASS' version of this chapter, since mine was one I crapped out in a couple of hours whereas this has a lot of love put into it.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't notice the new girl making her getaway out a window in the last page on my first read. Super stoked to find out this was picked up for full translation.

Group Leader
Just a note for everyone: we plan to change the “beserk princess” to “mad princess”. (We still hate the literal translation of “mad dog” but we agree in the sense that “mad” just has a much better ring to it). This change will happen as soon as I am available to (starting summer classes today).

Once again, we apologize for the change and we understand where you guys are coming from. I hope you guys will continue to support us and we always welcome criticism. Thank you!

Dex-chan lover
Mad Dog is a perfectly acceptable moniker in English. I'd much prefer it honestly.

Mad dog is way better. It both conveys the nuances better and it just sounds better. Beserk princess doesn't roll of the tongue nearly as well.
Mad dog, to me, givse a sort of 'underground fighting' vibe which really makes it feel like people started calling her that cause she will fuck you up if you mess with her.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter. If more are coming I don't care if it is Mad Dog or Berserker.

Though Mad Dog does make me think of Majima from Yakuza and that's not a bad thing

Group Leader
@Yatsuki It was honestly more of preference because we did not like "Mad Dog Princess" but we completely understand and respect our readers' opinions and so we will change it accordingly!

Dex-chan lover
Name wise, I think that using "berserker" looks better, but when you know both meanings, "mad dog" fits way more.

Berserker being the "mad warrior" kind and "mad dog" the "relentless soldier" kind.

Thanks for picking this up. It's nice knowing more is coming though I worry it'll be awhile before we get to see her being this vicious again.

I presume the 3/10 is from pretty bad image quality, more than the translation itself.

Group Leader
@itsmae
probably because the screen tones are blurred and some linework is lost
for a comparison between the other upload
kOyh1td.png

B7DfAdb.png

6EDszqX.png

not a scans group on the left; mistakes were made on the right

Group Leader
god I have to say that cityscape is just atrocious no matter whose scans you use

Group Leader
@Fusang Ooohh thank you for the screenshots. We will do better with the quality of the scans next time. Sorry for the decrease in quality. 😭

Would have preferred "Mad Dog" but other than that, I must say that I am hella entertained by this and I look forward to more! <3

Users who are viewing this thread