Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Fed-Kun's army
Really mad at the author for thinking they can get away with "blaming a 5-6 year old for not doing something about rape" as a plot point beyond a cliffhanger and fake out, because what exactly the fuck is a child who possibly doesn't even understand what sex is (at best) or is being viciously raped and brutalized themselves (at worst) supposed to do about that?

There's a distinct possibility she isn't even a teenager yet.
I think it's easier for us to feel that way because we're far removed from the situation. But you have to consider that both Sumire and the half-brother were (are still, kinda?) also kids at the time of the incident, and the way they found to process what happened reflects that. It might not make logical sense to us, but it is a thing that happens. This is why I don't personally think the author himself is blaming a child being affected by the abuse she suffered.

Absolutely share the sentiment though, this has been a hard chapter to read. This level of "roundabout misunderstandings", seemingly to sort of slow the pace of the story and introduce some drama, has always been annoying to me, even in circumstances where it's within the threshold of "kinda believable". Hope this doesn't take too many chapters to get resolved, or I might have to drop it altogether.

Group Leader
You obviously knew what I meant but you're construing my words to suit your own narrative. Well, I shouldn't have expected much

I have no idea what you mean. It's pure nonsense. His experience in prison could prepare him how? How can a normal person that went thought anything in life, handle properly the experience he is having?

I'm sorry, it is pure nonsense what you said.... not even considering his personal experience, that he left the prison ready to kill himself... sonhis experience there helped nothing..... so you missed the mark on a general level and personal level.

Double-page supporter
Hold on. So Shiika witnessed Yuri's death, didn't try to stop it, and let it happen so that her father would be punished and she could be taken from her father to be put in a better family? Christ that's so messed up. What next? The father is also a victim?
That's quite a bit of plotting for a 4 to 5 year old. More likely Yuri enlisted Shiika in a plan to collect evidence to take to the cops. Makes me want to puke 🤮 but her oral testimony probably wouldn't be enough to put her abuser behind bars.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno about this. Like others said, the story of trying to atone and bone with this girl was great. This is getting a bit too much with the nonsensical brother. Though, I think the other girl has an actual reason to be an antagonist.

Group Leader
Really mad at the author for thinking they can get away with "blaming a 5-6 year old for not doing something about rape" as a plot point beyond a cliffhanger and fake out, because what exactly the fuck is a child who possibly doesn't even understand what sex is (at best) or is being viciously raped and brutalized themselves (at worst) supposed to do about that?
We know Sumire and the big bro are shitty people, and they're the only ones who currently seem to be blaming Shiika. So I wouldn't say the author is actually blaming her. That said, having Sumire blame her currently seems forced, perhaps because we don't yet have all the context. Big bro is just a gaslighter.
There's a distinct possibility she isn't even a teenager yet.
I'll try to work this out in my head real quick.

Final pages suggests Yuri's in year one middle school, as the photo shows her at an entrance ceremony. Those students are 12yrs old at minimum.

We know mc is released from prison after 7 years; if Shiika and Yuri were the same age, then Shiika would be 18+. Since Shiika lives in an orphanage and can be adopted, she's probably not 18... so she'd be younger than Yuri.

I assume that the girls met by going to the same elementary school, where the minimum age is 6-7yrs old. 7 years later, Shiika would be 13-14 yrs at minimum— and a teenager. But minimum ES age would also mean Shiika was half Yuri's age lol.

I'm basing this off of the JP schooling system, and my estimates might be wrong, or other factors are at play in the story.

If nothing else, this at least explains how her "big brother" is old enough to be an adult and adopt her despite often looking like a child, as I'd estimate Shiika to be between 13 and 16, and he's presumably older.

I do agree there's a distinct possibility that she somehow isn't a teen. Anything is possible with this story, really.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Shit ass rapist dude still the big problem who got off easy just being killed. Shoulda been tortured endlessly. torture him like Griffith was in Berserk

Group Leader
I dunno about this. Like others said, the story of trying to atone and bone with this girl was great. This is getting a bit too much with the nonsensical brother. Though, I think the other girl has an actual reason to be an antagonist.
People do have a point, the brother didn't need to be in the plot, at least not at this time. Maybe later, maybe not. I wish they hadn't have done that. Though... the brother is interesting, and kind of intense.

What's he planning to do with that knife?

Fed-Kun's army
We know Sumire and the big bro are shitty people, and they're the only ones who currently seem to be blaming Shiika. So I wouldn't say the author is actually blaming her. That said, having Sumire blame her currently seems forced, perhaps because we don't yet have all the context. Big bro is just a gaslighter.

I'll try to work this out in my head real quick.

Final pages suggests Yuri's in year one middle school, as the photo shows her at an entrance ceremony. Those students are 12yrs old at minimum.

We know mc is released from prison after 7 years; if Shiika and Yuri were the same age, then Shiika would be 18+. Since Shiika lives in an orphanage and can be adopted, she's probably not 18... so she'd be younger than Yuri.

I assume that the girls met by going to the same elementary school, where the minimum age is 6-7yrs old. 7 years later, Shiika would be 13-14 yrs at minimum— and a teenager. But minimum ES age would also mean Shiika was half Yuri's age lol.

I'm basing this off of the JP schooling system, and my estimates might be wrong, or other factors are at play in the story.

If nothing else, this at least explains how her "big brother" is old enough to be an adult and adopt her despite often looking like a child, as I'd estimate Shiika to be between 13 and 16, and he's presumably older.

I do agree there's a distinct possibility that she somehow isn't a teen. Anything is possible with this story, really.
Shiika is probably early teens as we see in page 26 Yuri and Shiika in a picture, Yuri is clearly much older in the picture, probably in high school at that point while Shikka is shown carrying a stuffed doll and much smaller, shes probably around 5-6 in those scenes. Given the 7 year jail time would put her in her teens if only just a teen.

Group Leader
Shiika is probably early teens as we see in page 26 Yuri and Shiika in a picture, Yuri is clearly much older in the picture, probably in high school at that point while Shikka is shown carrying a stuffed doll and much smaller, shes probably around 5-6 in those scenes. Given the 7 year jail time would put her in her teens if only just a teen.
that would make sense

Dex-chan lover
why do you have to make him listen to an audio recording of his sister being raped
That's why she said sorry, before playing it.
Also at first she probably thought the effect of hearing it wouldn't be too bad.
After page 29, she might think she's wrong.

Dex-chan lover
People do have a point, the brother didn't need to be in the plot, at least not at this time. Maybe later, maybe not. I wish they hadn't have done that. Though... the brother is interesting, and kind of intense.

What's he planning to do with that knife?
They have a point and I agree with them. I don't like the brother's inclusion at all. He feels like a cheap filler to get the plot to move on to the other girl. I don't find him interesting at all. I feel like a murder-suicide attempt is going to happen

Group Leader
They have a point and I agree with them. I don't like the brother's inclusion at all. He feels like a cheap filler to get the plot to move on to the other girl. I don't find him interesting at all. I feel like a murder-suicide attempt is going to happen
What I meant by maybe I'm not sure if he would've been better if introduced later or still feel like he doesn't belong even then. I didn't really like when he appeared to begin with, as it felt like there were already important plot threads at play that could be addressed. I'm hoping the author learns from this and better succeeds with his writing in future arcs.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for bringing the story up to this chapter!

Anyway, I can't even put into words how much rage that flashback made me feel

Fed-Kun's army
If Sumire is trying to get the family to get rid of Shikki so she can be their daughter instead, why has she been so shitty and antagonistic to the MC this whole time? Obviously she only cares about what the mom thinks but her plan would go so much smoother if she was on good terms with her would-be brother. Shit makes no sense. Also hate how the step-brother makes the yandere face constantly, the rest of the story is trying to be somewhat realistic and grounded and then this one character is just Stock Anime Archetype #14.

Dex-chan lover
Man, that was ever-so-slightly messed up huh?
I do feel extremely bad for MC, but I hope he doesn't get too emotional as to become an idiot and believe Shiika's at fault...
Also the brother and that one girl should just die holyshit...
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Capturedfgfdgfdgfddd.png

This is some fucked up shit dawg not gonna lie

There ain't enough hours of therapy that's gonna put all those pieces of the brothers psyche together again

Users who are viewing this thread