Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Double-page supporter
I think I'm just going to have to drop this after that scene....

That said what the actual fuck is wrong with Sumire and Shuusuke? Especially Sumire. Shuusuke is his own bag of things to deal with alone, but even if you somehow believed no matter what that Shiika was somehow complicit in her father's murder of Yuri, what do you hope to gain by not only telling him all this but forcing him to listen to the recording of it? All you did was traumatise an already traumatised man even further and took any chance of his mother favouring you in any regard and threw it into a volcano since there is no way ever she is going to want anything to do with you after she finds this out.

Not only that but you're actively pulling the blame game victim shame on someone who was 4 maybe 5 at the time this happened that actively led to her father's death not even a week after. How was she supposed to do literally anything to stop her father especially as someone who was abused badly? What would stop him from simply just beating her to death? She's obviously terrified and is freezing up. There is no way she's even remotely responsible nevermind fair to blame in the slightest. All you did was make everyone hate you and for what? What do you even hope to gain from this?

This entire thing reeks of the author simply didn't know how to flesh out the premise they began with and so just began throwing everything at the wall hoping something works instead of just asking friends or their editor or looking it up for lessons on to handle sensitive topics respectively instead of attempting to traumatise the reader from shock value with no substance. Right now the reader has no reason to care about any of this aside from it just being horrible to read.
First I will state that Yuri killed herself after Shiika's father raped her. As far as Kazuma's mother I believe that she started taking care of Shiika in the institution when she learned that Shiika was an introvert who was afraid of everyone and that she didn't know that Shiika was the daughter of the man who raped her daughter which resulted in her son murdering him. The ideal that Sumira was jealous of Shiika because Kazuma's mother started paying more attention to her would have been enough of a reason for Sumira to be Jealous, but I don't know what Shusuke would have over Sumira to cause her to play the recording for Kazuma and not pass it on to the police or someone of authority. My question would be how could Sumire have came across Yuri's phone in Shiikas room and how did she know anything about what happened to Yuri, Kazuma, and Shiika's father? I also would like to know how she knows Shusuke! because in the Manga it doesn't look like they just met and based on how she talked about Shusuke she definitely knows how screwed up in the head that he is.

Not only that but you're actively pulling the blame game victim shame on someone who was 4 maybe 5 at the time this happened that actively led to her father's death not even a week after. How was she supposed to do literally anything to stop her father especially as someone who was abused badly? What would stop him from simply just beating her to death? She's obviously terrified and is freezing up. There is no way she's even remotely responsible nevermind fair to blame in the slightest. All you did was make everyone hate you and for what? What do you even hope to gain from this?

Shiika was around 4 when she witnessed the rape of Yuri and the subsequent murder of her father. Besides the psychological scars that would have been left she has the traumatic scars from her father who was physically abusing her and possibly even raping her. During the rape of Yuri there was no way that she would have run off and got her help or even tried to call someone for help. She was 4 years old, and her father was abusing her, he would have been sure to teach her to never tell anyone anything about what he was doing because if she did something bad would happen (i.e. they would be put in jail, she would be killed, she would be put in an orphanage, and they would let starve her....) and at 4 years old she was probably being abused and trained by her father from the time her mother left or shortly after or since we know how Shusuke is it was probably from birth and both parents were abusing each other and both kids. It might have been that when Shiiki's parents separated the father took Shiiki and the mother took Shusuke to keep from paying child support. Shiiki's father then probably substituted Shiiki for her mother.

This entire thing reeks of the author simply didn't know how to flesh out the premise they began with and so just began throwing everything at the wall hoping something works instead of just asking friends or their editor or looking it up for lessons on to handle sensitive topics respectively instead of attempting to traumatise the reader from shock value with no substance. Right now the reader has no reason to care about any of this aside from it just being horrible to read.
So far I think that this psychological tragedy is well written my only complaint so far is the chapters tend to end just as the story is becoming interesting and then when the new chapter comes out it never goes where you thought it would, which leaves the reader with more unanswered questions than you already had.

Dex-chan lover
Hold on. So Shiika witnessed Yuri's death, didn't try to stop it, and let it happen so that her father would be punished and she could be taken from her father to be put in a better family? Christ that's so messed up. What next? The father is also a victim?
This is the reality of death by snu snu.

Double-page supporter
Man, that was ever-so-slightly messed up huh?
I do feel extremely bad for MC, but I hope he doesn't get too emotional as to become an idiot and believe Shiika's at fault...
Also the brother and that one girl should just die holyshit...
Thanks for the chapter!
I think that he will head out to see Yuri shortly after the new chapter starts because he wasn't there for her and the recording of what happened has now brought up how useless he felt when he discovered Yuri's hanging in her room.

Double-page supporter
goodness, remember folks, shiika was just elementary when that happend
It never states Shiika's age so we are all guessing what her age could have been. Yuri was studying at a cram school so she was either going from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school. I would think that she was going from middle school to high school and that would make her around 11 years old when she died. Kazuma was 20 years old when Yuri died as it shows in the newspaper clippings. To try and determine Shiika's age I would say that she was probably around 4 when Yuri died because she was carrying a teddy bear when her father was murdered, and she couldn't have been the same age as Yuri and wasn't taking the cram school class. However, based on the recording Shiika knew who Yuri was as she kept apologizing to Yuri while her father was raping her. That would suggest that Yuri and Shiika knew each other and the only way I can think that they would know each other having such a huge age difference is that Shiika's father brought her to the cram school quite often. He probably bought her because he couldn't afford a babysitter. Also, that would explain why Kazuma is becoming attached to Shiika is because she is around the same age as Yuri when she died (4+7=11).

Group Leader
Leaving the heart devastating events aside this manga seems to be quite popular for his genre, imagine this gets an anime adp, shit would be diabolical 💀

Group Leader
I thought I was jaded but that page of him hearing his sister get raped was too much even for me. Fuck man, I wouldn't blame him if he killed himself right there and then.
I wouldn't blame him if he killed the girl right there, who in the freaking hell puts that shit to play all of sudden, 0 empathy.

Dex-chan lover
bro... where is the mental support institution in that country? This whole thing is so bad that the MC, Shiika, and the mother need to be admitted together to fix their life.

Dex-chan lover
This is even more fucked up then i though. So that little girl was standing there and recording MC sis getting raped? WTF Man

Aggregator gang
God Why!?
Hearing the voice of your dead sister being assaulted is horrifying

Dex-chan lover
if MC gets eaten by his unstability and just believes both sumire and shuusuke rather than giving shiika the benefit of doubt, I will lose it.

what even is the point of sumire when she said "you would never understand what it's like to be in pain"? as if she's the only one in pain lol shuusuke obv got mental issues he defn developed that due to pain.

she even started her story where she was supposed to gain happiness but got "stolen" by shiika. she's already painting her as the villain to help make her point when it's just pointless in context of yuri's murder. and did she also forget shiika was just a fudging 4 yr old during that? we praise toddlers reporting correctly to 911 cause it's rare and a freaking feat for them!

furthermore did she just know shiika's also being abused yet she correlated that to making her the mastermind??? like everything from being adopted by shuusuke's mother to finding MC's mom and institution??? and I repeat, a fricking 4 YR OLD???

I am in awe with the mental gymnastics. so much for knowing what it's like to be in pain. she's suffering so she wants everyone else to suffer too. shuusuke has issues too but I don't know what it is, whether he also don't want others to be happy or just pure sociopath.

tldr: this is just middle school teenage angst from and I hate it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that's a lot to unpack in one chapter. From what I can surmise:

1)There's only an audio recording, no video of the rape. The image we get is just the artist illustrating the scene.

2)Shiika doesn't seem to be recording the scene, as she's holding the teddy bear. Maybe she left the phone recording beforehand? Maybe Yuri did it? Maybe that sick bastard did it to get more pleasure? We're still missing some info there.

3)We also don't know the exact development of that rape. We're led to believe something like Shiika led Yuri to her father (based on Sumire's opinion), but we can't confirm that right now. Maybe she did (under pressure) or maybe she didn't.

4)Shiika feeling guilty doesn't mean she surrendered her friend on purpose. She's just a little girl, even being there helpless would make her feel guilty. She was also a victim of abuse (as per the images of her bruises).

We're still in dark in many aspects.

Group Leader
It never states Shiika's age so we are all guessing what her age could have been. Yuri was studying at a cram school so she was either going from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school. I would think that she was going from middle school to high school and that would make her around 11 years old when she died. Kazuma was 20 years old when Yuri died as it shows in the newspaper clippings. To try and determine Shiika's age I would say that she was probably around 4 when Yuri died because she was carrying a teddy bear when her father was murdered, and she couldn't have been the same age as Yuri and wasn't taking the cram school class. However, based on the recording Shiika knew who Yuri was as she kept apologizing to Yuri while her father was raping her. That would suggest that Yuri and Shiika knew each other and the only way I can think that they would know each other having such a huge age difference is that Shiika's father brought her to the cram school quite often. He probably bought her because he couldn't afford a babysitter. Also, that would explain why Kazuma is becoming attached to Shiika is because she is around the same age as Yuri when she died (4+7=11).
Wait. If Yuri was going from Middle to High School, she couldn't be 11. Japanese generally start Middle School at age 12 anyway. Middle Schoolers are 14+ in their last year, so if she was going to HS she'd be at least 14, save for grade skipping.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes because kids who witness horrible stuff happening right in front of their eyes are obviously gonna wanna talk about it, also you probably didn't see the panel of shikas back wich was scarred and bruised basically she was also getting abused by her own father wich makes even more sense as to her not wanting to talk about it
Way to assume dipshit. "Oh you didn't see her back BLA BLA BLA" dumbass.

Considering her behaviour up until now, she's mature enough to act and actually communicate with the MC (who has a VERY short fuse and prone to assuming the worse due to his shittily low self esteem) without any sort of dumb misunderstanding. She was doing a great job maneuvering through both of their "dead family" and "murder" and GUILT deal.

However, all of a sudden, when she was going to make the record fully cleared and transparent, she delayed it because some flimsy excuse from the MC. There is no way she doesn't know that her brother or that one small "abused 4 years old unable to report rape to police so she killed your sister" bitch could potentially tell her bombshell ahead of her. She herself KNOW that she has to tell the MC about the bombshell. But for drama convenience, she suddenly fell for the MC's "we have time" speech.

Group Leader
im honestly confused whose who lol, might have to re-read
I'd recommend that. There's a lot of contextual clues and red herrings, plus most of us could use the refresh. Might even notice something new this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread