Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 11 Ch. 54

It really seems like the action art has taken a step up in this chapter.

Contributor
Party, how do we get out of this situation?
I roll to seduce the dragon!

Contributor
Uploader (not scanlator) here. I just noticed that the Volume 10 section of this on MangaDex is, like, over twice the size of the other volumes (9 chapters compared to 4-5 chapters).

Are some of these supposed to be part of Volume 11? I've only been uploading them to Volume 10 because I've no idea.
Yes indeed, vol10 is only chapter 45-49:
https://bookwalker.jp/de9c04c8a9-fc92-4f58-b783-029c508438d1/

And vol11 is dropping next week, so most likely 50-54 included
https://bookwalker.jp/def7f2bfb8-3590-4f69-9fe8-43c45d297630/

Dex-chan lover
Artist really got the menacing existential dread vibe down with this dragon.
I don't care how strong Will is, with all the build-up I'm not expecting them to beat it, at least not without sacrifice

Dex-chan lover
I've seen illustrations of dragons in many, many mangas. But this one genuinely screams dread and hopeleness. It's an existence close to a god or demi god.

Dex-chan lover
This dragon is not hygene 😂
Don't ever crush cockroach with your bare foot 😉

But cockroaches are pretty clean, they clean themself after all.
And if we are talking about staining yourself with their corpses, then i kill bugs with my bare hands all the time.
Oh and i love the meme with the cockroaches.

Dex-chan lover
HEAR HEAR!
I'm really getting tired of "unremarkable loser with no character defects or personality meets the isekai truck and is handed god powers and proceeds to own everyone ever in spectacularly flashy fashion." And instead of adding better character writing, they just throw in different tropes like cooking or unusual professions.

If you want some solid recommendations for classic fantasy, Re:Cervin seems pretty good, though I've only read the first 3 chapters. Clevatess is awesome. Mage Again is a manwha with ghibli/80's fantasy vibes - it's really earnest, sincere, and charming. Slayer Volte is pretty good too. I think you'd like Touge Oni (Primal Gods in Ancient Times) as well - it's one of my favorites, and it really speaks to me. If you want some fantasy with intrigue and mystery solving, try Shadows House, and if you'd like some more laid back slice of life urban fantasy, try the Everyday Maintenance of Shinozaki-kun.

Saihate no Paladin is definitely one of the best stories on the dex though. It's a hard bar to meet. I love this story so much. This chapter in particular was so good. Such a great job of capturing the tension, the authentic feelings of comradery, and the sheer mind numbing terror of being in the presence of a being that the gods rightly fear.
My heart breaks when you gave me those recommendations, hoping I would find something new, but instead I discovered I already read and followed those works. :cry:

Dex-chan lover
My heart breaks when you gave me those recommendations, hoping I would find something new, but instead I discovered I already read and followed those works. :cry:
Hey at least you have good taste. I'm shocked that you knew all of them though.

The Witch and the Knight Will Survive is a really good one, but the plot and subject matter are both complex, so the TL on mangadex is kinda lacking. It's definitely worth $6 for the ebook from Amazon, and I'm considering getting the physical copy. If I had a job rn I would have bought it already.

Yofokashi no Uta is good urban fantasy but I'm sure you've read it.

One Step for the Dark Lord is fun, though it sometimes gets bogged down in the mechanics of it's own setting.

Survival Story of the Sword King is Isekai fantasy with an OP main character, but he's still got limits and the character writing is actually really solid. Sorta like One Punch Man.

If you've read Stand Still Stay Silent then you're a weirdo. It's a really good indie postspocalyptic fantasy comic from Finland, written in English.

Unsounded is another good fantasy webcomic. High rating on my list.

If you've read all of those then you truly have patrician taste and breadth. And you're shit outta luck, because that's all I have for exceptional fantasy (that isn't hugely popular).

Fed-Kun's army
I would like to believe this is what’s like when a dnd party come across an ancient dragon. Yet there’s always one people like “let me fuck the dragon!” Like sir trying to fuck the dragon is the least of your worries when I know for sure this party collective pissed and shitted their pants out of fear.

Users who are viewing this thread