Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 11 Ch. 54

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap. What i would do for spoilers rn.... Tbh all i actually want to know is if everyone makes it out alive...

Dex-chan lover
Love the use of the black ink in this chapter, especially when the group was exploring the ruins. Very much looking forward to the coming chapters.

Dex-chan lover
This is still the best Manga version of lord of the rings I've ever read (though I guess plot wise it's closest to the hobbit).

Real talk, I always wonder reincarnators hold back the urge to scream "It's a motherfreaking Dragon!" Even if I was scared I don't think I would be able to stop myself fangirling over meeting a real life dragon that immense and powerful.

I had read many Isekai in the past but this might be first dragon to send chills down my spine.

Dex-chan lover
The artist of this manga is just amazing. That dragon looks so intimidating

Dex-chan lover
Man, reading this series really makes me miss some quality classic fantasy rather than the isekai fantasy we're always subjected to.
HEAR HEAR!
I'm really getting tired of "unremarkable loser with no character defects or personality meets the isekai truck and is handed god powers and proceeds to own everyone ever in spectacularly flashy fashion." And instead of adding better character writing, they just throw in different tropes like cooking or unusual professions.

If you want some solid recommendations for classic fantasy, Re:Cervin seems pretty good, though I've only read the first 3 chapters. Clevatess is awesome. Mage Again is a manwha with ghibli/80's fantasy vibes - it's really earnest, sincere, and charming. Slayer Volte is pretty good too. I think you'd like Touge Oni (Primal Gods in Ancient Times) as well - it's one of my favorites, and it really speaks to me. If you want some fantasy with intrigue and mystery solving, try Shadows House, and if you'd like some more laid back slice of life urban fantasy, try the Everyday Maintenance of Shinozaki-kun.

Saihate no Paladin is definitely one of the best stories on the dex though. It's a hard bar to meet. I love this story so much. This chapter in particular was so good. Such a great job of capturing the tension, the authentic feelings of comradery, and the sheer mind numbing terror of being in the presence of a being that the gods rightly fear.

Aggregator gang
Will and the group right now

Dex-chan lover
Real talk, I always wonder reincarnators hold back the urge to scream "It's a motherfreaking Dragon!" Even if I was scared I don't think I would be able to stop myself fangirling over meeting a real life dragon that immense and powerful.
"A moment here, oh Dragon....
We may be mortal enemies, and one of us must perish here as fate dictates. But here I vow you are a most magnificent example of your kind, and all your reputation had me expect, and more."

[grumble from the mandatory dgaf party member in the background] "yeah, not bad for a lizard...."

Dex-chan lover
"A moment here, oh Dragon....
We may be mortal enemies, and one of us must perish here as fate dictates. But here I vow you are a most magnificent example of your kind, and all your reputation had me expect, and more."

[grumble from the mandatory dgaf party member in the background] "yeah, not bad for a lizard...."
I wouldn't be nearly that elegant. I'd start deep breathing like a pervert and grinning like an idiot and in between gasps ask "can... Can I ride you? Like just once. And then we can totally fight to the death or whatever."

Users who are viewing this thread