Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 12 Ch. 55

Aggregator gang
Uno-Reverse-Card.webp

Dex-chan lover
I think the dragon is bluffing and he's actually dying/sick and just wanted to die in peace. The 2 options he gave Will are both in his favor, if he chose death the dragon gets to fight one last time and if peace he gets to spend his last remaining days in peace and quiet

Dex-chan lover
Oh, shit! That was massive! If you fully immerse yourself in the story, you can feel the weight and timing of each thing and...it was grand! I don't know what answer i would give Valacirca, but William's answer was definitely the best option, since no matter what he answered the dragon would still have the final word (If Valacirca bothered to try to talk to Will, he already sensed that the paladin could be an obstacle. Especially after realizing that he had not just one, but the hand of TWO gods on his shoulders)!~:worry:💦
Thanks for bringing it to Dex~

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This fight is going to be amazing. Can't wait until
Stagnate and Gracefeel show up

Dex-chan lover
Great chapter. I actually hope that there wouldn't be a dragon fight here or if there has to be one Valacirca escapes before being defeated and they later find some reason why it was massively weakened at this current moment. That would explain why it tried to negotiate and possibly buy time beyond just wanting to be amused more. Mostly because the dragon seems very interesting and intelligent and I wish to see more of it in the future and I think it's implied to be one of the strongest beings alive so the hero party taking it out like this seems a waste.
I would point out that due to earlier backstory explanation we know that one Valacirca is incredibly old like beyond ancient, two he has played the gods and survived to tell the tales and three his is greedy and manipulative as fuck as is in his nature .

so given that a powerful and dangerous being who nearly destroyed the world is basically being barely contained in a seal that has remain strong for over 100 years and . . .how is Will again? 18, 19 so like so like 3 maybe more years ago the seal was grossly weakened and is now about to break soon and Will will probably have to deal with that soon leaving a Dragon who is strong enough to fuck with the gods and get away with it kinda seems dangerous.

Dex-chan lover
I think the dragon is bluffing and he's actually dying/sick and just wanted to die in peace. The 2 options he gave Will are both in his favor, if he chose death the dragon gets to fight one last time and if peace he gets to spend his last remaining days in peace and quiet
This Dragon has slept thru the birth and death of empires, has been around since the beginning of all things, has fought as a soldier in service to the gods themselves, and has betrayed the service of said gods, and still lived thru the repercussions, and has talked his way out of many more dangerous and disadvantageous situations than he has had with Will right at this moment.

The only time he has been noticeably injured is given to us as being twice I believe, with the recent injury being from Al Grandpa who was a king who measured his decisions greatly before taking action but when he did he took Valacirca's eye from him before dying.

Dex-chan lover
well . . .suck on that Peter Jackson? I don't know this was just an incredible scene Now I want to watch the anime so I can be caught up and hear this entire conversation with actual Voice acting and visual effects.
sadly the anime is not as good as the manga cause they not only deviated from the way things happened in the novel, but also from the way they happened in the manga. in short they made alterations to events that take away the punch from alot of good emotional scenes. also they never got this far.

Dex-chan lover
i mean good thought... but no. wait and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread