Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 12 Ch. 57

Dex-chan lover
Everytime anime/manga character said "Did we get him?" after large explosion or smoke always ends in a not good way.
Yeah. Like many other flags, simply uttering those words almost guarantees you in fact did not get them.

Dex-chan lover
welcome to the world of good quality writing. Seriously pick up the light novels, though there isn't much past this point in the english translations yet.
There's not that much written past this volume yet, just some short stories that take place after this that I think were an interesting way of doing a short time-skip before setting up what the next arc was supposed to be.

As far as I've been able to figure out, the author's mother passed away shortly after LN volume 4 was published and went on a haitus. They said in 2022 that they were back to writing the manuscript for vol 5, but all in one shot and not in WN chapters on Narou.

I just checked the author's twitter and it's mostly talking about their work assisting the anime S2 (and also promoting the manga) so I don't think there's anything definitive on more LN volumes.

Dex-chan lover
More accurate to say the dragon made his con save vs obliteration. Probably made with advantage cause of magical resistance. That or just burned one of its legendary resistances.
I have "turned into the wind for a round as a legendary reaction" on my score sheet.

Fed-Kun's army
The intensity reminds me to my experience soloing a dragon in Dragon Nest with my Paladin (Crusader) because everyone else died fucking noob.

I died 3 minutes later because Crusader solo dmg was dogshit at that time, but that was still one of the most adrenaline pumping moment I've experienced in that game.
It reminds me of my experience having my party face a dragon for the first time in Thea: The Awakening. Even being turn-based, it was so intense. Also facing a certain giant snake in that game reminds me of the wisdom/respect part.

Dex-chan lover
That was an intense rap battle. Third Round, let's go!

Dex-chan lover
Pretty good but you only had 2 sets watermarks. I can still make out most of the page unfortunately. What really impressed me is that you're recruiting, asking for donations, sponsoring other translators, and offering commissions all in the same breath. That's so incoherent, I don't know where to begin. What are you actually bringing to the table? Filehosting? Well it's a real shame there isn't a site that let's anyone upload manga chapters.
The Manwhafreak page at the end threw me off, so I went back and look at other chapters. Apparently they're "sponsoring" occasional chapters? Wtf?

Real talk, if the scanslation community doesn't stop pulling this shady crap, it's going to start causing problems. It's not just scammy MTL groups like Manwankfart anymore. It's begging across the board, and it's gonna fuck up the scene if people don't knock it off. Scanslation flies under the radar mostly because there's no money involved. If groups start acting like this is a source of income, the publishers are going to come down hard and kill off the scene entirely. Annoyed by shitty region locked simulpub apps with garbage MTL? Then knock it off.

Years ago scan groups needed money for hosting and bandwidth. That's isn't true anymore. Buying a mag to scan is a few bucks, buying a volume to rip isn't much more, and don't try to pretend it's all shipping costs. Stop acting like you need hundreds of dollars a month...

Especially when you aren't paying 90% of the people "working" for you.

Dex-chan lover
Saihate still has the coolest Latin magic I've ever seen in any media ever. It's even got the proper meanings and grammar down. No word is compressed to be so specific as to not feel magical, and no word stretched to its utmost limit as to feel unnatural when rolling off the tongue to create an effect. They don't feel artificial, they feel powerful. Harry Potter could never.

Double-page supporter
The Manwhafreak page at the end threw me off, so I went back and look at other chapters. Apparently they're "sponsoring" occasional chapters? Wtf?
Been like that for a while. That's like buying food without checking the ingredients, and then complaining that they're using an ingredient you're allergic to... except you're not the one paying for the translations in the first place.
Some people are okay with translating mangas for free, but obviously not everyone. There's nothing new to this; I once knew a friend from Venezuela, many years ago, who translated doujins and got paid in dollars as a plan to flee the country, and this practice is older still. Of course not everyone has such desperate situations pushing them to this point, but that just means they want some reward from learning Japanese (something anyone who has ever tried to master the language will understand).
Besides, they're not restricting their scanlation work behind paywalls to everyone but the one guy who commissioned their work (which would be extremely counterintuitive, as it would limit their reach). No point in screeching like you did.

Contributor
No way it would've been that easy. Well, I guess it was still worth a shot though. Imagine oneshotting a legendary dragon... But that's an intelligent enemy with a plethora of dangerous spells they can use, beyond just standard dragon fire breathing and claw slashing attacks. And that counterattack looked pretty bad, striking at the necks of Will's party members in quick succession...

It's funny how the dragon keeps breaking all those columns with no consequences. You'd expect the ceiling to come down on him - otherwise, why put the columns there to begin with?

Users who are viewing this thread