Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Parting

Double-page supporter
So the "parents" returned to the cycle of life and death.
But what is about the "grandgather" - the old man ghost?
Does he not need to return to the cycle, too?

Aggregator gang
@talh Gus didn't lost all his attachment to guarding the seal, so he still can continue to protect it. Blood and Mary had to go cause their attachment to the seal was completely gone, while Gus's attachment was only half gone, so when he actually fulfill his hole guarding the seal(maybe finding someone to protect it for him) he will have to go), I think Gracefeel can't take him forcefully to go back to the cycle cause he's still under the protection of the undead god.

Supporter
@Shakur, hmm, but weren't there three soul lights at the end?

..also, meh, the "natural order of things". They didn't even get to be grandparents. Should have embraced the transhumanism/ascendancy route instead. (I mean, they already spent so much time as undeads, one would have thought they'd have gotten over the silly thoughts of mortality.) God's have the right to existence, but mortals must be remade? Bah.

Fed-Kun's army
There are so many others who danced for a time
Who smiled at the swing and the tune of my rhyme
In colors and sizes and shapes of all kinds
But none fit me better than you

I thought that I'd danced out the best that life knows
The tears, the laughter, the thorn, the rose
While I age and remember dead friends and old foes
Then I found you, and found something more

So let's tilt to the music and step to the sound
We can see what we've lost but we know what we've found
And we'll wheel with the stars while our feet brush the ground
As we dance to eternity's waltz

-Eternity's Waltz, written and performed by Michael Longcor, with some modifications by me.

Fed-Kun's army
@Zael Two problems with that.

One, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmJftJIIz0M

Two, go back and re-read Mary's schtick about how much Will is going to suffer. Now consider the quite possible fact that she's speaking from experience, and expand that experience to encompass not just the 200+ years of being undead, but a lifetime of interspersed war and peace as hinted at in the previous chapters.

After all that bullshit, a peaceful harmonious return to "The Cycle" is more of a gift than you're giving it credit for.

Users who are viewing this thread