Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Duty

Fed-Kun's army
Goddamn this story is still going strong. It's pretty great so far. I eagerly await an update.

Dex-chan lover
Now that's a fucking paladin. Someone who continues their morals, not because they are naive... but because they would prefer to live life as such instead of living in pessimism.

Glad to see this is getting interesting again. The story with his monster-family was lovely but stretched on a bit too long imo. Might just be the long chapters and infrequent updates though.

Fed-Kun's army
The family chapters establish a base of who he is, how he acts, why he acts that way, why he has the skills he has, his morality, everything. They were very important and it's really nice to see a manga actually focus on the main character and their development rather than have them be some blank slate who can do anything so the reader can feel like a genius badass when they self insert.

Dex-chan lover
People complaining about a part of the manga so good it could have been the whole manga and been good...

@VermillionOcean Considering the deed he just did, even the Gods would be jealous at the size of his balls.

And succeeding just made the yandere wet and can't wait for him to give her his babies.

Its a shame that the novel hasn't updated in months.

Double-page supporter
Buddy MC is an idiot not only for making a promise like that out of no where, but then coughing up coin when there's very good avenues to simply talk a way out of this issue. God I hate altruists, this guy needs a healthy dose of cynicism. Choir boys are no fun.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja
He swore an oath. The title of the story calls him a paladin. What did you expect? This isn’t called The Kuso Paladin.

@Yautja
The author said the story is inspired by tabletop games iirc. Paladins are infamously lawful stupid in D&D (int is a dump stat), so it's not really surprising that he does what does. It's actually quite nostalgic as someone who used to play D&D, since paladins can be a good source of hilarity.

Double-page supporter
@VermillionOcean
Oh I know and understand that, just calling him an idiot because he's being an idiot. Though this kind of stupidity isn't as funny as it is irritating, to me.

@Talismaster
Not being an idiot isn't the same as being an asshole.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja
He swore an oath to a literal god. They’ve gone over this. The stronger the oath, the stronger your blessings, but if you ever turn your back on your oath in a way your patron god doesn’t like, they can cut off everything. This is a lot bigger than a verbal promise. Dumbo Will made the most altruistic oath of all. It should not be surprising that he does this shit.

Users who are viewing this thread