Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Burial Rights

@Doopington I think the confusion comes from when people talk about what god does and what it doesn't. Cause you don''t know if they are talking about the god they worship or the gods as a whole right? but so far they were pretty clear in the way they referenced them in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@Doopington
...It’s because you’re only supposed to devote yourself to a singular god, even though you know other gods actually exist. Remember the coming of age ritual that decided what blessings and cantrips you get? How Will worships Gracefeel, his mother Mater, Gus, the god of wine, luck, and adventure?

Aggregator gang
@Aichan Where did I write anything about "believing"? Why do you think I chose to quote THIS line? It's now about the "God" part, but "will always love you" one. His friends are freezing and starving, fuck me, some are even turned into damn undeads, yet she tells him "God will always love you"? That God is giving him another chance, because he met the MC?

Aggregator gang
@Doopington Maybe people don't know there are many gods. From what I remember, the undeads who taught the MC everything, were few hundreds years old (300?), so they might have told him some "outdated" things.

Contributor
Well they finally give the Rust Mountain reference,
BTW thanks for the chapter.

@RiseOne They died 200 years ago.

This manga is a breath of fresh air and deserves a lot more

Dex-chan lover
@RiseOne
Chill bro. Just because a bad parent let their kids die in a car accident doesn’t mean they don’t love the kid. There are just forces beyond god’s control. Those forces just happen to be the gods of chaos and darkness, and their literal forces.

Aggregator gang
I wonder why they translated it as “god” singular, rather than “the gods”. Sure, the deity of the cycle was present at that moment, but no other context in the scene makes it clear that the ghost grandmother wasn’t talking about all of the righteous dieties.

Aggregator gang
As usual, the chapter did not disappoint at all.
And theres a hint at a greater enemy.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else bugged that she kept using a generalized 'god' instead of specific names? We know this world has multiple. So there shouldn't be 'god', there should be 'a god'.

@hotgps
It wasn't a lion. It was a manticore. Greek mythological creature with the face of a man, body of a lion, wings of a bat, the tail of a scorpion, and multiple rows of razor sharp teeth.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger True unless they worshiped a specific god or Meneldor has a specific "god of elves" protecting him. If he actually does have some sort of protection he's forsaking it would make sense for the ghost to use god singular in this case.

Of course the one translating might have just been overtly influenced by christian/catholic or another monotheistic religion.

Users who are viewing this thread