Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Whitesails

Whoa, Gracefeel seems to be an Ursula Le Guin inspired deity. This same text:
Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow I respect the bishop. The keen eye, and charisma he held is amazing.
I think he is a man of principle as well.

The Bishop didn't seem so bad though. I mean he seemed not to have a lot of tolerance but he heard Will out so... I think he is competent at least to know Will is the real deal. I respect him.

the bishop probably has to get funds to keep the temple running or something

Double-page supporter
How refreshing to see a good guy with a face of a villain and an abrasive personality...

Dex-chan lover
it would probably turn into a loli and I will drop this manga?

Dex-chan lover
The bishop is more like a grumpy old fart then someone who is corrupted.

I can't get enough of this.
Thank you for the chapters!

Dex-chan lover
This more and more feels like it was originally based on a dnd (or it's equivalent tabletop game) story, with the author likely putting preferential treatment to the character whose player fleshed most out their backstory, character and personality.

Hell, I feel like it was the editor, or the writer himself using the popularity of isekai to tell the party's stories in the guise of an isekai.

Fed-Kun's army
I really like this Bishop.
Honestly, after reading so many stories with the Church either being bad, incompetent or both it's really a breath of fresh air to read this story.
I've read the novels and this series made me seek more stories with well made religions and religious organizations.

I'm personally not religious at all, but I do understand how valuable religion can sometimes be. Even more so in fantasy stories where the divines are real.

Aggregator gang
The first stage in the open world for little Will to participate in is about to begin.

Dex-chan lover
i absolutely love Bee, she's so hyper and comic jajaj, but not in a bad way!.

i must say when the bishop got introduced i expected him to be a corrupt/bad guy by looking at his face, i'm pleasantly surprised it was not the case. @lupus_in_fabula indeed

Dex-chan lover
Please don't make the vice-bishop the bad guy tarnishing the bishop's name.
Please don't make the vice-bishop the bad guy tarnishing the bishop's name.

Please make the vice-bishop the bishop's good friend that actually knows the bishop true nature.

Dex-chan lover
Bee is funny indeed, she is a nice counterpoint to Menel.

I think the bishop recognized the words hence why he left without needing the magic verification.

Dex-chan lover
@mage_goo You will be pleased to know that despite looking like a cartoon villain, the Bishop certainly knows his faith. He's... not exactly a nice person, but he's solid.

@Metasepia Well, Will's no ordinary adventurer, he's the Saihate no Paladin, after all. Purity of motive is in the job description.

Dex-chan lover
@Deathhappens I know the bishop is a good person the moment he immediately accepted Will registration.
The problem is that his reputation ain't the best in contrast with the vice-bishop's. Which leads to the possibility that the vice-bishop may be the one manipulating the bishop's reputation.

I wish that's not the case and vice-bishop is just someone that's good at mingling with the peasants while the bishop's good at mingling with the nobles and higher-up.
Makes a pretty good pair.

Dex-chan lover
yeah but is the vice-bishop the stereotypical goodie two shoes character that is secretly plotting to take down the current bishop though?

Double-page supporter
@RC1138Boss Yeah, and considering the religion is considered a dead religion only the priesthood would know know of it. It is also possible that phrase are only known by the upper hierarchy of the temple.

Dex-chan lover
It's high time an isekai introduced an "I'm not a bad wyvern, you know?" character. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread