Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Whitesails

a fat , seemingly greedy religious priest that appears to be villain, yet is good guy for once? what a twist in an isekai

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja You aren't wrong about that.

In the novels it's revealed that he is the way he is in order to ensure the church here on the outskirts of civilization continues to prosper. he basically had to think like a politician rather than a priest in order to get the town and church the funds needed to survive out there and as a result of his diligent work hes actually just as powerful mystically as an archbishop should be.

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna go with the Bishop not being evil like everyone thinks, he seemed to have some sort of understanding of the Gracefeel prayer that Will told him. More specifically the line of "Life proves that Death exists". I'm going to go with him having a loved one passing away and losing faith - hence why he no longer performs miracles. It could also be due to whatever price he had mentioned to Will.

I also like how the Bishop respected Will, with how Will was treated the Bishop kindly - even taking his words to heart. Good stuff.

@Metasepia

yes, I likes how it is too, pure adventure fantasy really rare these days. it reminds me of old feeling and reason why I like this genre >-<

@Fortis99 LOL you're right! as an art historician it's pretty disturbing too.. the building types are so different that my brain just directly saw the temple as a random building while sightseeing and the church as something else in a different location. Really hope that's the case!

D2

I enjoy every chapter I have read of this, thank you. Now to wait another month.

Oh so for once it seems the priest is going to be a good guy nice. Also guessing slaying the Wyvern is his ticket to meeting this amazing lord we keep hearing about.

Dex-chan lover
I actually forgot this manga is an isekai, until he started praising bathhouse and rice that is

Dex-chan lover
About the Bishop:

He's actually a good guy that later supports MC in multiple ways. His "villain" act is just a way to make sure the church isn't underestimated in all the politics games. Also he has great divine powers due to his great faith, but doesn't show it as part of the act.

@Fortis99
As an architect, the buildings bugged me as well. I take it more as the author taking photo ref from whatever he can. As seen from the clearly modern buildings in the city shots.

gracefeel teaching in the official LN translation

“Light is the existence of dark. Words are the existence of silence. And living is the existence of death.”

Fed-Kun's army
@Raffro the fight is pretty lame i think
Will choking it to death is the dumbest shit i ever seen in any manga

Dex-chan lover
@Raffro hold your UFO horses there time traveller. don't spoil us in this current time stream

that bishop eyes similar to a person who has seen lots of shits and as a results he's cynical and quick on his temper toward BS

Users who are viewing this thread