Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Whitesails

Contributor
@Salfaro That question can be easily answered when you look at his hands.

A good priest would never wear this many rings, or act so pompous. (Well, but since this isn't reality, I could naturally be wrong, since many authors love to mislead their readers. 😅)

Dex-chan lover
It's impressive how they're using rice despite the culture be some sort of a greek-roman kind, complete with an aqueduct and public bathhouse

Contributor
@Eliminateur

Your previous post says that the the fat guy you see in this chapter is the vice-bishop, not the "hedonistic" bishop. However, unless I'm seriously misunderstanding the either the translation or your comment, that is incorrect. They guy in this chapter IS the bishop. He introduces himself as the bishop who is "in charge of this temple." Also, according to the reception priest, the vice-bishop is out with the other priests dealing with the monsters.

Also, it wouldn't make any sense if the guy in this chapter is the respected vice-bishop, as I'm pretty sure the whole point, as the rest of the commenters have mentioned, is that the bishop is actually a good guy despite his bad reputation.

Dex-chan lover
He is a lost soul that was just pulled out of the void by a goddess. Give him some time.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Sounds like the Bishop has become slothful and greedy although it's good that he believed the MC being a priest. Although from his rep I think the answer convinced him and laziness made him lose interest in pursuing any further. Kind of wonder why he has the position if the Vice Bishop is the one running around doing things so either he has connections to enable him or he's doing something very important behind the scenes that can't be revealed for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread