"DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT!"

And nah, not gay yet, still just bro.

reu

Dex-chan lover
WE SHALL TAKE JERUSALEM
DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT

Dex-chan lover
THAT'S MY BOY!!

Don't you every scare me like that again, Will!

Tough guy disease lol

Nice to see him snap out of it with the power of the Fist of Love!

Dex-chan lover
Thank you scanlators for not butchering the chapter with juvenile April Fools drivel.

@captain_crunch They are fighting rabid(?) beasts therefore loose formation would be best. They have already tried to fight in formation and it was easily broken by the horde. It is exactly same situation as with white walkers from GoT's last season - you are trying to stop living wall that is rushing towards you

Dex-chan lover
@dasheek you'd rather rush towards large animals, like a swarm bears or a stampede of buffalo with no one guarding your sides or back, instead of approaching in rows of shields?

i didn't think game of throne's final fight was very realistic. what i thought might be wrong:
they waited outside the walls instead of behind them. the infantry stood behind the artillery instead of in front. there were few archers and defenders waiting on the walls. they had lightly armored calvary with short bladed weapons do a frontal charge. i thought those types of charges are usually done with heavy calvary armed with long weapons like lances. light calvary charges are more for quickly attacking vulnerable areas like the flanks and rear.

@captain_crunch @dasheek You missed it because the chapter glossed over it; they are in formation. Archers and casters in the back in relaxed formation, warriors up front in loose formation.

For reference:
Tight formation is when you are basically shoulder-to-shoulder
Relaxed formation is when everybody is about one arm-length away from each other
Loose (also known as skirmish) formation is 2-5 arm-lengths away from each other. Far enough away that you can't actively cover for your buddy in close combat, close enough that it takes you less than a second to get to him.
Any further than that is no formation.

Page 28 of this chapter shows them to be on the outer edge of Loose formation - somewhere on the order of 5 arm-lengths.

Tight formation made sense back when the enemies were comparatively small and a shield wall could hope to stop them and cover for your allies - check chapter 23 and see that all the monsters were roughly human sized. Against monsters 3 or 4 times your size who can fly (or at least jump over you without trouble) a tight formation where everyone is close to each other does nothing but pack more people into the kill area of its strikes.

Now, it's overly focused on Will's part in this so it doesn't show it, but the smart thing in a situation like this is to have three groups of front-line fighters. First one makes the initial charge and fights until the situation resolves into a stable battle, second part is right behind them and moves forwards as needed to plug holes and provide assistance, third hangs back and splits their forces between watching the flanks and recovering the wounded.

Dex-chan lover
Back on track!
Imagine if Saitama suffered something like this, because he could one day facing a laaaaaaaaaaaaargue amount of foes

Dex-chan lover
The official ships are...

Menel x Some Elf
Reystov x Bishop’s Daughter
William x Gracefeel
William x
Stagnate

Just cuz I’m tired of people associated the intentional sausage fest joke with “lmao gaaaaay” memes. Author is intentionally going for the exact opposite of isekai where people land and make parties of only women. Like Smartphone, Death March, Arifureta, etc.

Fed-Kun's army
God, that was anxiety-strung for a hot minute. I'm glad Menel told him what he needed to hear. It's easy to forget Will is flawed and still learning, and other people around them can be just as flawed in their own ways.

Users who are viewing this thread