Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - Friends

so I've read the novel and
bee actually didnt appear when will was going to see menel. im so-so with bee but at least they make bee less annoying in the novel (for now...i haven't finished reading it)

I'm all for this bromance but I want our Will to tell Mendel his past already like cmon he's ur first and best friend

i binged it and honestly i dont regret it, it s so good!
thank you for translating!

Dex-chan lover
@zephyroths
Stagnate and Gracefeel are in fact, sister goddesses. Both used to manage the cycle of things beyond death, but Stagnate got mad that perfectly good people died and wanted to change the status quo into an undying utopia... since heaven doesn’t exist (you reincarnate instead).

Long story short, creating an “Echo” meant Stagnate possessed a person or thing somehow, and some “distortion is necessary”, changing her personality slightly. Newborn Echoes tend to be infantile, emotional, and rash, and she blames her bad behavior of their first meeting(s) on that.

She’s still eager to have him survive and become a true hero, so she gives him some advice (a divine revelation) in book 3-1, and Gracefeel surprisingly agrees with what Stagnate says (basically: “The advice is right, but don’t approach her too much.”

In volume 3-2, she outright states she’s a woman (because she was presumable using gender neutral pronouns in Japanese or something), and would love to carry William’s child whenever she’s able to create her next Echo.

What's with everyone writing spoilers in the comments? Just let the manga progress.

Fed-Kun's army
DAMMIT IM A SLUT FOR THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT HERE☠☠☠ the pacing is so fucking amazing and how no character is one-sided (I.e. even a side character like Reystov that’s supposed to be a “madman” shows his battle prowess/experience w the tough-guy syndrome observation) GRAHHHH THIS MASTERPIECE OF AN ISEKAI MANGA

Aggregator gang
The way he lost his mind was kind of stupid and illogical tbh. Thought that he's bit smarter and that he's stronger mentally after being able to bear King's and Bishop encounter and their bullshiting.

So that girl ain't gonna get yelled at for basically giving him a mental breakdown? Like homegirl was twiddling her thumbs and didn't so much as touch the battlefield, but she had the audacity to speak about how Will couldn't save Menel like she could've done it. She was an entire armchair quarterback, and I wasn't feeling it when Will apologized to her.

Will going temporarily insane does make sense and its a real thing its called temporary psychosis it happenes when the mind is under constant stress and guilt the little girl yelling at him was the trigger

Dex-chan lover
Fucking pathetic mc, oohhh feel sorry for my self oohhh weeee. Its bad writing

@Jenst That's the point , he's mad at himself because his strength is too high therefore hurting his friends , so he tries to do it by himself and fails. That and the pressure from the girl and those two guys outside his window put him under extreme stress , he's learned that no matter how strong he is he still needs help. That he's not an OMEGASUPERULTRACHAD and cracks under pressure doesn't make it bad writing it makes him relatable (as much as you can relate to an Isekai mc).

Double-page supporter
really though mendelor gave him even more be-alone-ammo there with that self-attack. straight up demonstrating that enemies can use him against paladin merely by him being present

Dex-chan lover
This manga is beautiful man.
Another manga I'll add to the list.
I have to give the artist/mangaka my support as soon as I can.

Dex-chan lover
Finally some quality fucking writing. It's so nice to find a fantasy story that isn't just a checklist of tropes and RPG frameworks

Users who are viewing this thread