Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 6 Ch. 29 - Academy of Sages

Goddamn this is good and props to the translation team they're doing a wonderful job

Dex-chan lover
one of the few isekais that makes you forget that it is an isekai

they made the isekai trope a side genre rather than focusing in it now it feels more of a natural fantasy genre manga

another one that gives off that feeling well imo albeit having the isekai a part of their main story is Tensura

Does this series really benefit from the isekai setting? It’s good as it is as a fantasy.

If the concept of different worlds won’t ever be brought up at all later down the series, why not just omit the whole “isekai” thing? It might actually attract people who’re tired of abysmal writing.

Aggregator gang
I really like Bee. She's not perfect, but I much prefer her than your standard generic waifu-bait.

@fdelra @chezt In the LN she's not this way, she's awesome truth to be told, she gave Will a reeeealy good council and helps with information she collects on her travels. Give it a try.
@Crim Yep, they altered some things, chronologically speaking, and this is a short story, this visit to the Academy, and they don't have this dialogue either, is a very sweet short story.

Fed-Kun's army
A bard with a strong grasp of magic would break the world.

Dex-chan lover
Number of chapters since we heard about the half-elf girl: 1

I have a feeling I'll be keeping count for a while...

Dex-chan lover
"Cherish the stars and the light they bring you on your way. For you are an adventurer, are you not?"

Fed-Kun's army
This was a pretty sweet and thoughtful chapter. I wasn't expecting it. I didn't especially like Bee before, but I really do now.

Neat and all but still haven't had a chapter i liked more than the first few since the three homies died.

Double-page supporter
Man, I have seen too many magic base fantasy mangas with different yet similar way for the powers working to a point you begin to call it cliche but this still somehow is able to make me interested in the whole premise yet again. So unique yet not so unique way of going about it.
P.s Love the world building this manga does.

Users who are viewing this thread