Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Torch Port

for anyone curious the time skip happens in the book too, the only thing skipped is the small fight with the general, which takes place after the time skip and isn't a major plot point or anything, just will kicking ass as usual

Dex-chan lover
Is anyone else having issues when viewing this page with Data Saver on? (trying to ease their server load)

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1182914/17

Not sure if it's just me, or it's the system and I should report it. But For the past few days, when I've attempted to get through my own bad internet issues, It shows up as half the normal page and then blank white for the bottom half.

@Kutabarie

One way or another, that's how it felt at the very end of the volume 5 in LN. I'm pretty sure that's not the actual ending but at the same time, it has the "feel" like it could be the ending. But fret not, this chapter 30 is the is in volume 3 and there are still adventures to come.

@Gschoener, ohhh. Haven't heard of that. That's good news then. I wanna see more of his adventures after all, how he will gradually conquer his heroine, or how he is faring with managing his land.

Thanks for the translation of my favorite manga! @Gschoener you've made me very happy, I was sad when I finished the fifth book and realized that it may have been the end of the series. It ended on an excellent note, but there was still so many unresolved things like the elf waiting for him in the northern continent, and the High King still being alive.

Menel has an awfully responsible look at how their friendship won't last forever. But one of the most interesting and mature plot points of this story has always been the way it looks at death.

Really makes me curious of something like After Story, after Will died we got to see all he has done to that world, that would be great.

Out of so many isekai/fantasy out there, I think this one gets Tolkien the most. And unlike its contemporaries, this manga plays with Tolkien tropes and adds its own flair.

For instance, Menel means 'skies/firmaments' in Sindarin. An apt name, considering his epithet (Swift Wings).

The choice of Half-Elves to be mortal or immortal is a callback to the Half-Elven twins in The Legendarium, in which one chose immortality (Elrond) and while another become mortal progenitor of kings (Elros).

The guardians of the forest are also mainstays in Tolkien myths: Old Man Willow, Treebeard, and Melian of Doriath.

I'm curious how this manga will flesh out the Dwarves.

Users who are viewing this thread