Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 7 Ch. 31 - The Rust Mountains

was totally expecting the dwarf encounter to be more substantial after it being the cliff hanger

Dex-chan lover
I am definitely not getting teary eyed over that last page, I am not!

Other light novelists and mangaka? Look at this! There was no cute girl crying over being horribly wronged or tragic backstory.

Instead, here you have something very real, a concrete feeling of loss, a bittersweet wish of an aging man to get to choose his place to lie down and breathe his last. To then be allowed that very wish, and more than that, being shown genuine kindness, something they have no doubt been low on for quite some time.

This is how you do emotions.

Dex-chan lover
Ai-chan thinks those old dwarves would probably volunteer to join Will when he subjugate the rust mountains.

I'm not a reader of Tolkien's works but it's not a stretch to say that this author was inspired by Tolkien. I love the world building aspect of this series, it feels that the places are lived in and have so many history and characters with depth.

William is still great in this chapter. Sure, he MIGHT be a typical OP isekai hero, but how he empathises with the suffering of others is really admirable.

Dex-chan lover
The old man tears made me tremble too... it is heavy, too much of a burden, suffering for far too long.

Dex-chan lover
Number of chapters since we heard the story about the half-elf girl and it hasn't been resolved: 3

Double-page supporter
I think this is one of the best isekai out there. The story, the art, the world building, the characters is just perfect...I love the training arc where William train under Gus and Blood..but unfortunately I can't see them again... I wonder why there's no news of anime adaptation... Even though the other "shitty" work got an adaptation..

Users who are viewing this thread