Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 7 Ch. 31 - The Rust Mountains

Dex-chan lover
Are his stained hands some kind of metaphor? Or I'm just stupid and missed something?

Contributor
@morichiro i remember that he burned his hand, and was somewhat absentminded during that. But I don't remember exactly why, might have been helping someone. Since then his hands are drawn like this.

@Morichiro He got the burns when he rushed to help his priest "mother" when she was burning during her prayers. As she was undead she got burned by a holy flame everytime she prayed to her goddess but Will didn't know this and ran to put out the flames with his hands, hence burning them.

Double-page supporter
I love this manga, one of few that got it all right, world, characters, plot, flow, art, everything is great, sometimes i just open chapter 20.5 and read pages 20 to 24, it's my favorite moment so far

Dex-chan lover
Refugee dwarves who are masters of craftsmanship chased out from their mountainhome by a demonic malevolent force! I'm sure that has never been done before! What an original concept!

Executed very well, that's all that matters.

Double-page supporter
I do hope though that this problem of jobs and crime isn't easily fixed. I hate it whenever isekais have their protagonists be able to take care of all the issues of society so easily without much problem, as if all these political and social issues just needed some simple/brilliant solution that no one has ever thought of yet so far but the protagonist. If solving such things were so easy, then why doesn't the mangaka try to solve a lot of the major problems nations are struggling with around the world? If you want to create and build a good story, you have to make the progression and obstacles much more realistically daunting.

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter While I agree with you, this will only serve to take away from the story that everyone came here to read to begin with. When you bring forth an issue, resolving it quickly will allow you to begin solving the next one. If the author were to mull over with it, it would take away too much of the story time, and if he were to ignore it and go on to the next one, readers would be like "What about the issue that he didn't solve ? Is he just gonna ignore that?"

@moel maly tears, my brother. William is the palladin we need but not deserve...
@goodhunter This isekai is its a bird of its own ilk, and we can expect the author , who did not take the easy mode before, will turn into a mediocre writer.
@Silfir The "wnadering dwarves" trope was originated in Tokien's work since he took the )oos as a model (including the thirst for gold).

@goodhunter Your mistake is comparing the situation of a tiny frontier town in medieval times to modern world problems.
Creating a lot of temporary jobs for refugees shouldn't pose too much of a problem until William can implement a system to deal with unskilled labourers.

There are a myriad ways to deal with that since William pretty much has free reign. Not to mention he has the support of the Duke and the Bishop. The money needed to fund such endeavors can be aqcuired by making use of the skilled dwarves to craft specialty, luxury goods like the portable pen etc.

Double-page supporter
@hunter23 so in other words the mangaka made it possible by setting the perfect situation for it to be made possible. A reverse deus ex machina if you will.

@goodhunter What i am trying to tell you is that the situation of Torchport isn't as complicated as it would be in a city in modern times.
The Beastwoods itself is a huge stretch of land all for WIlliam to do as he pleases (he is also on good terms with the lords of the forest so that is a plus). There are so many things he can do, and if William cannot find the optimal solution remember that he isn't alone, he can always rely on the Duke or the Bishop for such matters.

And using the dwarves to gather funds is just one of the ways William can make money. He is a Hero, even the people on the Mainland know of his name by now, he only needs to ask and donations will come rolling in from the nobility and guilds in hopes of establishing an amicable relationship.

In the first place the only thing that is expected from William is providing for the safety of the town. There is no need for a deus ex machina for the current problems William is facing.

@moel manly tears, my brother. William is the palladin we need but not deserve...
@goodhunter This isekai is its a bird of its own ilk, and we can expect the author , who did not take the easy mode before, will turn into a mediocre writer.

Users who are viewing this thread