Saihate no Paladin

Dex-chan lover
The first 13 chapters were amazing, so much that I'm afraid that the rest of the might not be as good or reach such highs again... I wonder if I'll cry again

This has the soft, serious tone and beautiful characters that are rivaled only by series such as Henkyou no Roukishi - Bard Loen.

um. I don't get it. I know that this is good content but I don't get the same enjoyment out of reading this as I do more trashy manga? It just feels like something's missing for me.

If anybody can, can you please explain to me why this manga is considered good? (besides the art)

edit: thanks for the explanations so far. I still don't think I quite get it but I think I'm getting a better idea.

Group Leader
@angerybord
It has a good storytelling flow. It introduces ideas and develops ideas in a natural and non contrived way; elaborating on the long-term in plot, characterization, and worldbuilding. What's probably missing to you is the highly condensed expositions, immediate action, contrived problems and solutions, and glossing over of details, intreractions, and relationships; things that make writing a lot simpler for the mangaka. Or maybe it's the seriousness and lack of immersion breaking stuff, like memes, 3rd wall, harems, and fanservice that's dominated the manga industry.

@angerybord: The focus on narrative with complicated characters. No one really fits a standard trope or archetype, and development is gradual and constant for not only the MC but many of the supporting cast. Furthermore the setting is fairly fleshed out, and when storylines kick into gear it becomes interesting in seeing how they develop, as they generally don't go the way you would initially expect.

But seriously, the biggest is probably that it doesn't give homage to trash tropes. Bandits have reasons, corrupt officials aren't just one-note evil villains but actual people, and the MC isn't a peace-loving former Japanese salaryman trying to live a selfish, easy life while hideously OP.

I can't stop my hammering heartbeats through some pages, and the smile stretching my lips through others.

this is the only manga that got me cried from reading the chapters. it so well drawn and told.

hey what do you know, a bishop in a manga that isnt just a corrupt asshole or insane zealot. Hes actually doing his job properly, respected by his subordinates, and blessed by his deity.

He's finally a Paladin!

Also, the characters in the story have nice depth and don't restrict themselves to established archetypes. 10/10

Just agreeing with RainEStar here: it's nice that the characters have a fair amount of depth to them. And seeing him become a paladin at last is immensely satisfying, I can't wait to see where the story goes from here.

Top fucking tier manga, y u not readin this yet? Read it again! Read it again to make sure you didnt miss the snall subtleties.

Generic characters but the way it is convey brings life and substance making you attached and invested to read .

Man I kinda like the fact that the main character is a priest and is so pious. It feels refreshing to see a fantasy character usualy not chosen as a MC to be the MC.

Bagley is such a great character in the very few moments he appears

a pity that if it was the modern world he would most likely be deposed, after all it is very hard to people to accept that corrupt deal like intimidation, favoring and bribery are a necessity for organizations to run

Anyone who hasn't read this really should
The world is very well made, with the reader learning about it in a non forced and natural way
The characters are all varied and interesting while subverting tropes and yet are clearly made to be a character first and not just a subversion of tropes
The pacing feels really good, not too fast, not too slow
I don't hand out 10's often, but I think this series deserves one

This is so good. If anyone is reading this it's worth your time to go through and appreciate the beautiful work this manga provides nice MC built up where he's not super powerful or super weak. Everything is done in a pace that doesn't draw itself out for a story nor is it too slow.

This is the first time I'm enjoying a manga with these Genre. Although I have some criticism on how the world is build, it's still well thought up. The story is interesting and touching. The characters are believable and even thinking back I feel joy and sorrow for them.

Saihate no Palading is simply an amazing read. Definitely recommended for everyone - even for those who usually are not into Genre like Fantasy, Action and Adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread