Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi o Hajimemashita - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Can someone remind me the basis that made them all believe Ivy/Sora's ability to differentiate the bad guys like 100% of the time...? kinda forgot after all this time.

Dex-chan lover
Time progression feels reaaally slow in this manga. I miss her kitty, hope she's still around.
well it definitely feels slower since the chapter releases are done by fans out of their own time. Also it feels kind of right if you think inside the manga, the organization and planning does take time to put into action.
Also I do miss the kitty. I really want the fluffy big kitty 😭

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation and chapter upload! I watched the entire anime and just reading this chapter alone, I definitely realized the anime skipped some details and scenes to fit the pacing. Please keep up the good work and truly appreciate the work put into it!

Fed-Kun's army
Can someone remind me the basis that made them all believe Ivy/Sora's ability to differentiate the bad guys like 100% of the time...? kinda forgot after all this time.
From the anime, I remember they tested Sora by having others lie and Sora confirming if they are telling the truth or not. One said his name as another person while the other one was doing something that the other person didn't like (stealing his favorite food I think?).

Then when they tried it to people Ivy suspect are part of the syndicate, they saw results that made them suspicious enough to believe Sora's ability to determine evil/good as at least high enough to be correct.

Once Sora kept on identifying others, it solidified the belief that Sora can tell evil/good.

From the manga, it takes place on Chapter 17 and 18. 17 where Ivy revealed Sora's ability and 18 where it solidified after they tried testing Sora.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
They tested it by lying. Then those she found guilty they followed them and found them out. But note it isn't like they are going to convict people because the slime said so. The people names after caught will be investigated after to double check

Time progression feels reaaally slow in this manga. I miss her kitty, hope she's still around.
This title is fairly slow moving, this volume in specific is a bit on more telling than showing because of so many people involved. But also the manga is released in parts but translators wait for the whole thing so it feels more slow going. And yes the kitty is still there

Thanks for the translation and chapter upload! I watched the entire anime and just reading this chapter alone, I definitely realized the anime skipped some details and scenes to fit the pacing. Please keep up the good work and truly appreciate the work put into it!
The anime had plenty of time to fit everything. They just wasted some scenes trying to make more thrill with ciel fighting the ogre and ivy being caught up. But ogres are a joke to ciel, he could 1 shot 10 of them if he wanted. They also did the whole Mirie redemption thing and gave her more scenes
there is no Mirie redemption

Dex-chan lover
Some people say it's just the plot™, but that's not quite right

Ivy lived through multiple highly specific situations in which she only survived because Sora warned her about the danger. Which lead to her taking it/them(?) much more serious in that tent scene where Sora did not identify the bad adventurers as good. Especially because she already felt unsafe and stalked.

So she asked Sora who she could trust. She then told these adults about Sora, and the pretty sound theory that he can somehow sense danger. Something these adventurers did not deny but still went out to confirm by stalking/investigating the womanand her twin adventurer buddies.

The only handwaved thing is how a slime can sense danger, which is explained as "Sora is a clear slime, these are a mystery cuz they literally die faster than we can study them. We don't know squat about them"

So after using Sora's abilty to gaina lead on the child traffickers they investigated there and kept finding Sora's sensing 100% accurate. They still need court admissible evidence that doesn't boil down to "The Slime vibe checked them, your honor".

But they have confirmed the slime check to be trustworthy, which is why they use it to make sure no double spies or the like can fuck this operation up.

Users who are viewing this thread