Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi o Hajimemashita - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
All them good mens are professional to their core.
They literally raised the bastards but didn't still managed to act calm and collected.
My dumbass might kill them all in the spot.

Dex-chan lover
okay english is noooot my first language so is order taker like an errand boy???

Dex-chan lover
okay english is noooot my first language so is order taker like an errand boy???
I think it's kinda like that but more? Orders from nobles aren't just fetching this, delivering that, it also includes kidnapping, assassination, blackmail,... So the order taker would take said orders, and get the right services/people to do the job.
Basically order taker = a bridge for nobles to do the dirty deeds but without actually giving the orders themselves.

also wow the corruption is very systemic and so many are corrupted, this feels quite real.

thanks for the chapter, looking forward the next one!!!

Dex-chan lover
I read some of the LN (and a bunch of MTL chapters several villages farther in the journey) between the last chapter and this, and I must say, the pacing in the manga is actually slower in this particular plot. At least the preparation of it. Now that they're actually in the process of executing their plan it moves much faster.

But a lot of the LN is rather slow, so it's not like it would be out of place. To a large degree, it's a slice of life more than an adventure.

Also it feels kind of right if you think inside the manga, the organization and planning does take time to put into action.
The scope of their plan is also not quite ordinary, so making sure everything slots properly takes work.

Some people say it's just the plot™, but that's not quite right
Well, Sora is basically Ivy's personal plot device to solve problems. But that's also what's expected out of a Tamer. At least the OP powers here come from the actual tame rather than the Tamer herself being OP like it is in a lot of isekais.

I like that they're being thorough with this plot but man does it move at a snail's pace.

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty funny to see people say this arc is moving slowly since I started reading after watching the anime and this arc was long as hell there too even with a 12 episode season

Dex-chan lover
Can we just please just get back to Ivy camping with her slime and her cat already?
Soon, they are already wrapping things up after which ivy will go back hunting

They still need court admissible evidence that doesn't boil down to "The Slime vibe checked them, your honor".

But they have confirmed the slime check to be trustworthy, which is why they use it to make sure no double spies or the like can fuck this operation up.
Just a reminder that the slime being used is a secret and the official story is they are using an artifact. But the artifact once used will break after x time so it wouldn't even be usable in court even if it was real

Dex-chan lover
Anime adaptions tend to either skip or change things even moreso when it's only 12/13 episodes. Glad there's more in the Manga.
True. The anime certainly did change a lot but I don’t think it was necessarily a bad change. The den of serial killers complicates things a bit unnecessarily.

Users who are viewing this thread