Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi o Hajimemashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 17.1 - (Part one)

Dex-chan lover
I lreally like the series but the pacing for monthly releases is too slow, makes me think it'll get axe-kunned.
When I read this, it made me remember of an adventure-teen novel, like Golden Compass. So I think the slow burn is just manga author try to keep faithful to the source.

Aggregator gang
So has anyone of her friends ever discovered that Ivy's a girl? I'm surprised that no one has figured it out just from her name alone!
It doesn't look like it so far but, at some point I have a inkling that she might tell them when or if she feels safe enough with them.
Also, it would be interesting to see if she tells them about Adandara at some point.
I could see her having him/her (I can't remember at this point in time) protect her while they engage the pedo-slaver and the two other wandering bags of feces.

I really like how this adaptation doesn't take the typical road almost everyone takes where they shoehorn "comedy" into the story just for the stats and completely wreck the entire feel of the story by doing so.
This is a heavy theme already as is, so I am slightly worried that it might veer into sexual abuse of Ivy even at her young age.
(Humans are severely f**ked up that way, and would do that sort of thing no matter the age.......)

On another note:
I can't seem to remember if Ivy managed to tame Adandara or if they are just friends since she only had 1 or no stars as well as very little mana/magical power.
I hope Ivy can have a close relationship with Adandara as well as a more open relationship with Sora other than having to hide it all the time.

Group Leader
Maybe this is all a misunderstanding. She actually is just super set on adopting the little tamer, a bit too set on it. Her intense stare is uncomfortable. The slaver is just a way to expedite the process. Of course a slaver has a nasty stare since he thinks of everyone as either products or customers.

Good intentions but poor execution.

Fed-Kun's army
I like this story pace, but don't you feel it's too slow for short monthly chapters? From MC age it's kinda realtime!

And I guess MC got some kind of skill share with her tamed monsters?

Dex-chan lover
I like this story pace, but don't you feel it's too slow for short monthly chapters? From MC age it's kinda realtime!

And I guess MC got some kind of skill share with her tamed monsters?
That would explain the weird feeling I have about the main character. I just don’t think we were told the whole truth about the skill “Tamer”. Ether skills can lvl over time or it allows the owner to “steal” the skills of the beast/monster/insect they tamed. That would be the only way to explain the weirdness I’m feeling

Dex-chan lover
That would explain the weird feeling I have about the main character. I just don’t think we were told the whole truth about the skill “Tamer”. Ether skills can lvl over time or it allows the owner to “steal” the skills of the beast/monster/insect they tamed. That would be the only way to explain the weirdness I’m feeling
I've taken the assumption that she really has more stars then thought like it's over the normal amount max so it shows up as 0 like alot of these series do. I kinda hope though they keep her as just really being low stared and it's only cause her slime evolved into something amazing by luck.

Dex-chan lover
I need to back to reading the web novel. I feel like we'll get the classic plot twist of a hidden skill or something.
WN translation changed hands and is now under Fans Translations. Release speed will most likely increase a fair bit, since that site has a schedule system.

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't look like it so far but, at some point I have a inkling that she might tell them when or if she feels safe enough with them.
Also, it would be interesting to see if she tells them about Adandara at some point.
I could see her having him/her (I can't remember at this point in time) protect her while they engage the pedo-slaver and the two other wandering bags of feces.

I really like how this adaptation doesn't take the typical road almost everyone takes where they shoehorn "comedy" into the story just for the stats and completely wreck the entire feel of the story by doing so.
This is a heavy theme already as is, so I am slightly worried that it might veer into sexual abuse of Ivy even at her young age.
(Humans are severely f**ked up that way, and would do that sort of thing no matter the age.......)

On another note:
I can't seem to remember if Ivy managed to tame Adandara or if they are just friends since she only had 1 or no stars as well as very little mana/magical power.
I hope Ivy can have a close relationship with Adandara as well as a more open relationship with Sora other than having to hide it all the time.

Probably not the answer you want, but a few of your points were adressed in latest translated WN chapter a few hours earlier.

Dex-chan lover
Aww Ivy is starting to open up a bit. I'm so glad she finally found good people she trusts enough to do that. Such a good kid with such a shit life.

Greats story, thank you very much for bringing it to us!

Dex-chan lover
If I remember correctly after Ivy left the last City the Guard Captain actually implies he knew but also that he considered it a smart choice to pretend to be a boy. I might look for the page later.

Dex-chan lover
I've taken the assumption that she really has more stars then thought like it's over the normal amount max so it shows up as 0 like alot of these series do. I kinda hope though they keep her as just really being low stared and it's only cause her slime evolved into something amazing by luck.
That still makes shenanigans happen, if she’s truly a 1 star “Tamer” and her slime just so happen to evolve into something special then a “grandfathered in” system must exist. For a 1 star can’t have a normal or evolved slime/monster. If that is so the case why isn’t that something that’s more well known? This all just rubs me the wrong way. The only way that I can be truly content with these shenanigans is if skills can somehow lvl over time, but even then that feels like a cop out that should’ve been known.

I love how she finally got the courage to tell them about Sora. Protect this child at all costs.

Dex-chan lover
If I remember correctly after Ivy left the last City the Guard Captain actually implies he knew but also that he considered it a smart choice to pretend to be a boy. I might look for the page later.
I know someone had an idea about it, but I forgot who since it updates so slowly.

The only way that I can be truly content with these shenanigans is if skills can somehow lvl over time, but even then that feels like a cop out that should’ve been known.
I see it as the anthropic principle. The situation that's the reason for the story existing in the first place. In this case, it's something that's justifies why we're following her specifically. She doesn't have to be special for a story about her to happen, but she has to be special for this story to happen.

Dex-chan lover
That still makes shenanigans happen, if she’s truly a 1 star “Tamer” and her slime just so happen to evolve into something special then a “grandfathered in” system must exist. For a 1 star can’t have a normal or evolved slime/monster. If that is so the case why isn’t that something that’s more well known? This all just rubs me the wrong way. The only way that I can be truly content with these shenanigans is if skills can somehow lvl over time, but even then that feels like a cop out that should’ve been known.
Zero Star actually and so far it implies to be true since her mana is pretty much not even enough to light a fire. She also lacks certain abilities a Tamer is supposed to have like being able to talk with her Monsters.
BUT ...
It seems the Mana is necessary for the initial Taming and depends on how strong the Monster is. As Sora was a nearly dead "Broken" Slime the amount needed was probably tiny and once Sora got better it didn't matter since it was already tamed.
It was also said that mana capacity is something that can be increased and it seems she gained "some" abilities simply by training extremely hard like her great senses.

I wonder if there's a Trade Off for having a Low Skill. Like weak starting point for your skill but greater potential for growth overall considering she's a 9 Year old Girl but has a perception that baffles even seasoned adventurers? Something we know she didn't start out with.

Dex-chan lover
feels weird that she trusted them so quickly. i hope that's because the squad leader healed her heart and allowed her to trust ppl once again

Dex-chan lover
it's amazing to have that ability, it really helps a lot in any situation.

Users who are viewing this thread