Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita - Vol. 8 Ch. 29.5 - Bonus chapter

Supporter
Joined
Sep 5, 2024
Messages
7
Does Ivy even need a slave, what with her magic cat?
Unfortunately, in the context of this world, she absolutely does.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the manga as explicitly, but in the LN and WN, Ciel gives off a very powerful magical aura of "big monster, village-destroying threat levels, send in all able-bodied soldiers/adventurers to drive off." Ivy needs someone who can be her adult support in human towns where Ciel cannot be in.

Remember, her common sense is skewed between her memories from her past (adult) life and being a literal 9 year old. Reconciling the two halves of her knowledge is an ongoing concern.

Ciel gets the ability to turn into an adorably cute slime (albeit with adandara markings) so they can accompany Ivy and Druid into towns without being noticed, as they also learn how to cloak the murder aura. You can see it on the cover of LN4.

For anyone concerned about usagi issues, I can confidently and 100% say that it never happens, and I've read through chapter... I think I lost track around chapter 970 or so of the WN before getting distracted by other stories. It's just a wholesome story of societal outcasts traveling together and resolving issues as they pass by.

If you think the slavery issue (which is more of indentured servitude) is a problem, just you wait...
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 25, 2018
Messages
996
yeah, I agree with you on the fact so many stories are trying to justify slavery being quite vexing.

My thinking was that I don't see often is them trying to step away from it and the issues it would cause unwrapping it from being so ingrained in the system.
Why people might argue for it remaining for reasons that aren’t strictly abhorrent. such as magical binds securing the safety of a VIP as is referred to in this chapter. And of course ways to maintain that security while maintaining a person's freedom.

Magical contracts, would be a logical alternative to create as the magic would have to exist to create the slave contract that can bind in the first place.

I'm probably over thinking it but delving into what something implies must exist by it existing I find rather interesting thought exercise.
But that's some of the fun! That's what's cool about really well written stories, they make you interested in diving deeper into the world.

As much as I like simple, trashy stories... It's also nice to get something that rewards the reader for being invested.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top