Saike Mata Shite mo - Vol. 13 Ch. 114 - Cistern of the Heart

Syf

Aggregator gang
evil? lmao idk about that, he's just a self centered little bitch but who wouldnt be after living for so long amd have goals to achieve

Aggregator gang
johann was pretty bad too tho

anyways you would think that the guy who turns back youth would have the same drawback to his oracle too, right? There aren't two akashic records so it's all gonna end sooner or later.

Fed-Kun's army
Ok I'm not a big fan of the whole guy pulling the strings all along because it makes things so fucking convoluted
Like he made a groupe that took away powers so he can have some of the group defect so that group can find the skull thing, also the MC was part of his plan too somehow.
See how this makes it weird, it was kind organic at the beginning how one plot went into another but now that it was all a plan it's soo contrived

Dex-chan lover
@Syf It's that he's clearly okay with people dying for his goals. I think he has actually had people go off to die for that purpose? I can't remember.

Personally, this all looks kind of stupid. First, is it not possible to just forget things? Herp derp, the human mind can only contain so much. Then get rid of some stuff. People normally forget. Like, fine, maybe it doesn't work that way because reasons, but on the face of it, it looks kind of stupid.

Then this whole crap makes jack zero sense. Saike was on the verge of death from oracle overuse. Then he got healed. He didn't lose memories. He retained them, and he has continued to gain more. So...what the hell did the healing actually do? It upgraded his memory hard drive or something? What?

That's my take on this after coming back from this seven month hiatus.

Lol. Like, his not even CLOSE to evil.
let's he complete his master "evil" plan ; the result? nothing. He just alive, and will fool around.
they didn't knew the existencz of this shitty thing before, it doesnt matter..
this manga should have ended long ago

Dex-chan lover
shouldnt his current life be just as fake as his past one? he knows hes not actually a child and what hes doing isnt actually special at all, its no different from brainwashing people into thinking he was special

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah the brain doesnt actual work that way and even if it did, why would you die from it? Its not like a computer explodes when its memory capacity is filled up. I'd think youd just be unable to make new memories.

i mean from the perspective of saike, someone who self-sacrifices to the extreme to help people out, and definitely wants for the greater good, i can see why he'd perceive the exact, total opposite as evil.

but you've also got to remember that he's also behind the shenanigans of the other villains, is abusing to an excessive degree a mind control ability, and no matter how you swing it, him just "fooling around" is going to ruin lives, intentionally or otherwise, with the victims having no idea what the fuck is even going on. the end result isnt really as important as how he plans to get there, and how he plans to get there is pretty blatantly immoral.

and then, you know what they say: "evil is petty" and whats more petty than upending countless lives in what is ultimately a truly juvenile fantasy that benefits no one but himself.

Dex-chan lover
@Atmosk : What would happen is that he'd start forgetting stuff. New info replacing old info. But he's petty as hell, so he doesn't want to forget anything, thus his shenanigans.

@Forikorder : The difference is that the respect he'd get from people would be "legit" because THEY actually believed he was special instead of just being mindcontrolled into it. It's the difference between Stolen Valor and forcing someone to act like you're a military vet.

I'm going on pure opinion without looking at the raw text, but I feel like "Twisted" would fit better than "Evil"

Dex-chan lover
@Enderzone theres no difference in the person though, wether he tricked them by lying about his age or tricked them by brainwashing, in both cases hes making them believe something fake

Dex-chan lover
This "kid" reminds me of the first season villain in the tv series "heroes".
Just some random dude who so, so desperately wants to be "special".

That's not evil in itself, but the means they use definitely are.
So, going by these two characters, evil is not just in what you do, nor why you do it. It's both.

Dex-chan lover
If his body turns back all those years, his neural pathways would reset too, literally wiping his memories.

Group Leader
ya'll are worrying too much about "how this works" and not enough about the real question: don't you think that after hundreds of years of being a child prodigy, society might guy "hm this world famous child prodigy sure has been 6 years old for a long time?"

Fed-Kun's army
@Enderzone I think in the logic of this universe your brain would stop working and youd die if you have too many memories. Thats why they needed the healing oracle before.

Group Leader
It's weird that they keep separating the mind from the brain and then the brain from being part of... the body, but whatever, it's fucking magic I guess lol

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that they are really being affected by the memories, but by the stress that it comes with them.They make their brains analyse too much things, and that kills them. Or at least I think that's a better theory than the memory overload.

Users who are viewing this thread