Saikyou Juzoku Tensei ~Majutsu Otaku no Risoukyou~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
@sinisempi Mad King George the third of Britain? Howling Mad Queen Maria of Portugal? Disabled King Charles of Spain? Deformed bones, dead at 19 King Tut of Egypt? Whatever your stance on the story, you can’t exactly deny that incest greatly increases the chance of inheriting some screwed up genes.

Just imagine the mc is a girl and is force to marry her brother. I feel like the mc refuse to marry is kinda make sense but the way he do it is wrong. His parents are also very stupid for not teaching him common sense.

Fed-Kun's army
@AnonDePlume that's exactly what i mean by superstition. obv even a retard makes it into the history books when they are a king. inasmuch there exists an incest taboo for any evolutionary reasons it's because having a larger family tree means more people to look after your kids, increasing their fitness. which is the same reason homos probably exist: to be promiscuous and have their lovers help people related to themselves.

Dex-chan lover
@sinisempi That’s mostly because multigenerational incest occurs in mostly royalty to "keep the bloodline pure". Most commoners don’t marry their siblings. Hence why there was a prevalent hemophilia issue with the British royal family at one point (which was rumored to have destroyed the Romania royal family when one of their members married in), and as more and more generations inbreed, the more faulty genes collect in the resultant offspring, increasing the chances of inheriting two alleles for a genetic disorder. Which is why Tut had multiple issues, like a cleft palate, club foot, and scoliosis.

Fed-Kun's army
@AnonDePlume did the british royalty marry their siblings? that's just ahistorical. ofc incest means that genetic problems won't be corrected but it doesn't magically generate them. today incest is not any different from the dysgenic idiocracy that occurs in all of society regardless.

Poor imouto
This is a lifeshattering event right here.
She just found out that not only does he not love her, but he is so appalled by the idea of marrying her that he would rather become a village outcast

Sure, that may not be his intent, but.... He didn't leave a trace of love in his actions or words

Dex-chan lover
@sinisempi I never said that inbreeding generates mutations out of nowhere, it just increases the chances of inheriting two bad alleles that were already present in the bloodline

Fed-Kun's army
He should have suspected something after nothing came from him usurping an influential family. That attaches a lot of value to your head and the heads of your family. Her reaction isn't surprising, he never had any discussion about how he had no interest in her around her. It came pretty close to leaving her at the altar. I don't blame him for running, even if he managed to talk his parents out of forcing the issue, his sister would likely be resentful for a long time. Women do not take rejection well and hold grudges like no other.

Aggregator gang
@Mnuchinboo I'm not going to make an argument about whether he was right or wrong, but I'm going to address the part of "Don't make the arguement that different world, different genetics point. It's just stupid, the humans in that world are based around us in our world, so therefore the rules of genetics must apply". If genetics were indeed the same in this world, their clan wouldn't have existed past a few generations. due to severe complications since genetic abnormalities and diseases would have formed much more quicker than those seen in our history(since the Habsburgs practiced marrying between cousins). Marrying between siblings in this story's world are only seen as tradition by the others and nothing more. Sure, you can say that they aren't questioning it because they are simply ignorant, but people in the middle ages were ignorant as well BUT they have noted down the oddities that have been found in the royal families which we read about today. As far as they and everyone around them are concerned, they act and look normal. Their clan isn't dying out. Nothing seems out of the ordinary and they treat it simply as tradition. I would therefore say their clan tradition brings no negative genetic effects.

Why so serious
Same like anime about the Magic "Skirt"
Well japanese logic... but.. i like it

X to Doubt

Dex-chan lover
So it is true. The parent really are inbred (from my previous chapter comment). sweet home Alabama.

Dex-chan lover
Well is the sister going to be the villain even though it is the mc who did something terrible to her

Users who are viewing this thread